Chapter 25

We've been working at a Tea Shop for the passed four days. Zuko, Rin, and Uncle do most of the work. I do some waitressing but that's about it.

"Miwa, could you take this order to the table back there?" Rin asks, pointing towards a table with two men, whom seem to be police. But I know the bigger officers are the Dai Li.

"Of course. I'm tired of sitting here." I reply and take the tray. I walk over to the two officers and hand then their tea.

"Enjo..." I begin.

"Those four are Fire Denders." A strangely familiar voice says. I look at the door confused when I see Jet pointing at Zuko, Uncle, Rin, and I. He must've seen Uncle and I Fire Bend our tea but missed when I fire bended Rin's tea.

"Put your weapons down boy." And officer says. Jet slashes one of his swords, or whatever they are, at me and Zuko growls.

"Stay away from my wife!" Zuko exclaims angrily and takes the duel swords off of one of the officer's belts.

"Please! Don't fight! You're just confused!" I exclaim. Jet glares at me before fighting Zuko.

"Come on, I know you want to blast some fire at me!" Jet exclaims. Zuko glares at him and fights back. Jet swings at Zuko's legs, causing Zuko to jump up on a table. Jet smashes it in half and kicks one half away, making Zuko balance on the other half before attacking. Jet manages to get Zuko out of the shop and into the street.

"Lee!" I cry. Rin, Uncle, the two officers, and I hurry to the doorway.

"Rin! What do we do!?" I cry.

"Lee can win this. The Dai Li should be here soon." Rin replies. Jet continues to throw lots of attacks at Zuko.

"Not soon enough." I reply. I step out on the street.

"No! Miwa come back!" Rin and Uncle exclaim. I put my hands in front of me and they begin to twitch and shake rapidly as the ground begins to rumble. I stomp forward heavily two times before throwing my arms back. Then I put my hands in fists and swing them forward, slamming my fists together. A crack makes its way quickly towards Jet and Zuko. But it goes around my husband. Jet is then restrained by four slabs of rock. The Dai Li show up and take down the slabs before putting Jet's wrists behind his back and cuff them with rock.

"Lee! Are you okay?" I ask worriedly as I hurry over to him and wrap my arms around him, ignoring the large amounts of pain I feel from Earth Bending. He hugs me back.

"I'm fine." He replies.

"What's going on here?" One Dai Li Agent asks.

"They're Fire Benders! You have to believe me!" Jet exclaims.

"He's just confused! My husband, cousin, Uncle-in-law, and I are just simple refugees. Rin and I are Earth Benders while my husband and his Uncle are Non-Benders. My husband is a master swordsman." I explain to the Dai Li.

"It's true. I saw him attack the pregnant girl before her husband stepped in." A man that was in the tea shop tells the Dai Li.

"That young man destroyed my shop and attacked my employees!" Pao, our manager, exclaims.

"It's all true. We saw him attack Miwa, this girl here, and her husband stepped in before that young man could harm her." One of the officers from earlier tell the Dai Li, while gesturing to me and then Zuko.

"You're coming with us son." One Dai Li Agent says before taking Jet away. Zuko wraps an arm around me and guides me to our little apartment. He kisses my forehead.

"Go get some sleep. You need it." Zuko says softly. I smile up at him.

"Goodnight." I reply before going to bed.

--The Next Day--

I sweep the floor as Rin serves another order. Zuko is putting an order together while Uncle continues brewing tea. Suddenly, three men stand up and walk up to Uncle.

"So you're the genius behind this incredible brew. The whole city is buzzing about you. I hope Pao pays you well." The man standing in the middle says.

"Good tea is its own reward." Uncle replies with a smile.

"But. That doesn't have to be the only reward. How would you like to have your own tea shop?" The man asks.

"My own tea shop? This is a dream come true!" Uncle exclaims. Pao hurries over.

"What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea maker?" Pao asks.

"Sorry pal, but that's business for ya. Am I right?" The man laughs.

"Mushi, if you stay I'll make you Assistant Manager. Wait! Senior Assistant Manager!" Pao exclaims. I roll my eyes. Desperate much?

"I'll provide you a new apartment in the upper ring. And, with the tea shop, you can do whatever you want. You'll have complete creative freedom." The man tells Uncle.

"Senior Executive Assistant Manager?" Pao asks nervously.

"Do I even get to name the tea shop?" Uncle asks.

"Of course!" The man exclaims. Uncle grins and bows to him in agreement while handing Pao the teapot he was holding. Pao whines and walks off.

"Miwa! Lee! Rin! We're getting a Tea Shop in the upper ring! And a new apartment too!" Uncle exclaims. Rin and I grin at him.

"That's wonderful news Uncle." I reply.

"Yeah, I just can't contain my excitement." Zuko adds before leaving and slamming the door shut behind him. I put the broom down and hurry after him. He's sitting on the stairs and has his head in his hands.

"Lee?" I ask softly.

"Go help pack, Miwa." Zuko grumbles.

"I just wanted to see if you're okay." I say, looking at the ground.

"Well, I'm fine." Zuko snaps. I sigh and place a hand on his shoulder. I bend down to kiss his cheek but he moves away from me. I frown and stand up. I turn and go to help Rin and Uncle pack our things. He'll get over it. Eventually.