Chapter 16

I sit beside Zuko as Uncle gets a massage.

"After a week on a raft, I really needed this massage." Uncle says. I roll my eyes.

"Uncle we've been here a little over two weeks. And you've already gotten dozens of massages in that time!" I laugh. He grins and shrugs before glancing at Zuko's upset look.

"What's the matter Prince Zuko? Don't you want a massage?" Uncle asks.

"Three years ago today...Ivy and I were banished. Sometimes I wonder if Father ever really cared about me." Zuko says and stands up. I frown. Uncle sits up and slides a robe on.

"Of course he cares! Why else would he banish you!?" Uncle exclaims. Zuko leaves and I stand up.

"That came out wrong." Uncle says. I place a hand on his shoulder.

"I'll talk to him." I tell Uncle. He nods. I hurry after Zuko and find him sitting on our bed with his head in his hands.

"Zuko? Are you alright?" I ask softly. My husband glances at me.

"No." Zuko replies quietly. I sit beside him and wrap my arms around him.

"What's wrong?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"You might be right. Maybe my Father isn't who I think he is." Zuko says with a frown. I kiss his cheek.

"You never know, My Love. Fate is a funny thing." I reply. Uncle shows up and shows us some shells he collected.

"Why are you keeping them?" Zuko asks grumpily.

"I thought they were pretty." Uncle replies.

"Hello Uncle. Hello Zuzu." I sickly sweet voice says. My left eye twitches. It can't be. I look to the door to see Azula. I have to admit. I kind of missed her. Just a little.

"Azula!" I exclaim. I run forward and hug her. Surprisingly, she hugs me back.

"Hello Ivy." She sighs.

"I'm sorry about what I said before I left. Of course I was your friend. I was just hurt and couldn't stand how Zuko was being treated. I blew up." I tell Azula. Although I did mean I was Zuko's friend more than hers.

"I know. And Ivy, is that an engagement necklace?" Azula asks in shock when she pulls out of the hug.

"Yes. But I'm already married." I reply. She looks surprised.

"Really? To who?" Azula asks. I blush and gesture to Zuko. Her eyes widen.

"So you're my sister now?" Azula asks. I nod.

"But...how come you're here?" I ask. She sighs and looks at her nails boredly.

"Father said that he regrets banishing you both and wants you to return home. There's been a betrayal in the Palace and right now he needs family to be close. Because that's all you can really trust." Azula tells us. Uncle looks suspicious. And I honestly am too. Ozai doesn't regret anything. I glance at Zuko.

"Father regrets?" Zuko asks.

"I know. I was surprised too. But family seems to be really important to him right now." Azula replies. I bite my lip and walk over to Zuko.

"He wants us home?" Zuko asks.

"Do I have to say it again?" Azula asks, beginning to get impatient. "Well? Aren't you happy? I just told you great news, Zuzu."

"He's just a bit shocked. We all are. Being away from home for three years really takes its toll on you." I explain to Azula while rubbing Zuko's arm comfortingly.