KABANATA 01

Kabanata 01

The timer starts now

I slowly opened my eyes. Dumapa ako ng higa nang makarinig ng ingay mula sa labas ng room ko. I grabbed a pillow and covered my whole head with it.

Again, my eyes started to get heavy, compelling my brain to let me rest more. I was about to be absorbed by my dreams, but then a running step and some dribbles woke me up from that.

Inis akong bumangon mula sa pagkakahiga at padabog na tinahak ang pinto. With my furrowed brows, I opened the door harshly. "I'm sleeping, Kuya!" I screamed with my eyes closed.

My head tilted, "Could you be at least..." I raised my hands and made a sign with my fingers. "Be more quiet naman?!" I hissed and opened both of my eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Said by one of them, which made me blink.

From his chest, I raised my head up to see his face completely. "Since when ka pa—"

My lips parted. I gulped and tried continuing what I was saying kanina, but his stares are making me speechless to the point that I keep on opening and closing my mouth.

My cheeks started to burn. "K-Kairos... Uh..." I bit my lip, "I didn't know you were here?" I chuckled and tucked my hair behind my ear.

He nodded his head. "Your brother wants to play."

I winced, losing my ladylike posture. "Two-v-one, again?" Dismiyado kong sinabi. "Seriously, why do you keep wasting your time with them ba? I mean..." I pouted, "They're noobs naman when it comes to playing basketball." sagot ko bago umirap sa hangin.

"Hoy!" I looked at Kuya Zyler from his head up to his toe when he appeared behind Kairos' back with a ball in his hands.

"I knew it was you who's maingay dito sa hallway kanina." I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes at him. "May dribble ka pang ginagawa... You can't beat Kairos naman." I raised my two fingers and snuck my tongue out. "Kahit dalawa pa kayo ni Kuya Xavier ang kalaban niya... Mga loser pa rin kayo."

His lips parted. "Ang dami mong sinasabi... Iisa lang naman ibig sabihin." He dribbled the ball again.

I raised my chin, "What?" naghahamon kong tanong.

He lifted both of his arms and threw the ball up. "Na patay na patay ka sa tropa ko."

My eyes widened as I fanned myself with my own hands, "What the hell?! Shut up!" saway ko sakanya.

Napapikit ako ng nagtangka siyang ihahagis niya sa'kin ang bola. "Mommy!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

When I heard him laughing his ass out, that's when I chose to open my eyes. Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin at pati na rin ang bolang hawak niya pa rin. I groaned and stepped on his foot, "Ang annoying mo, sobra!" inis kong sigaw.

"Aray!" He winced, touching the spot where I stepped.

Kinuha ko ang bola na nabitawan niya at binagsak naman 'yon sa kabilang paa niya. I stuck my tongue out when he looked at me with his eyes wide open.

I smiled and turned my head away from him, "Kai..." My eyes blinked when I saw nothing, "Ros..." mahinang tuloy ko.

Nilibot ko ang tingin ko sa buong paligid. I took a step out of the doorway and looked at the two other ends of the hallway. I even looked up to the ceiling, even though I don't know why exactly.

"Diyan ka na nga..." Kuya Zyler said, which made me look at him.

I pouted, "Kuya..." malambing na tawag ko sakanya. "Where kayo maglalaro?"