KABANATA 02

Kabanata 02

The second tick

Sinamaan ko ng tingin ang hagdang pinagbabaan niya, "Eat your breakfast." I mumbled, mocking him.

I pouted as I stomped my feet. Still sulking at my brothers, I made my way down the stairs.

My mom looked back from the sofa she's sitting at, "Amber?" naguguluhan niyang tanong nang makita akong paisa-isang tumatalon sa bawat steps ng hagdan.

I frowned, "Mommy..." and sniffed as I called her.

Her eyes blinked. "Why are you like that?"

I giggled and turned my whole body around. "Like a goddess?" I said before I flipped my hair.

Her brows furrowed together. "What? No..." She said it with a long 'o'.

My smile immediately turned downward, "No?" nagpapaawang ulit ko.

Her lips parted. "I mean... " She shook both of her hands and stood up from our couch. "Sure, you look like a goddess..." Both of her eyebrows raised at the same time, "Like me..." she said, giggling.

I squealed, "Thank you!" and bowed my head.

She went to me and held both of my shoulders, "But what's the problem, bunso ko?" malungkot niyang tanong.

Once again, my lips puckered. "Kairos was here!" I said, panicking a bit.

She crossed her arms and pursed her lips together. "Uhuh?" She said, while nodding her head.

My brows furrowed together. "Then, Kuya Xavier was so ingay kanina..." I rolled my eyes. "I'm sleeping kasi tapos he's dribbling the ball sa taas — feeling like a pro."

She pointed the tip of her pointy finger at her chin. "What happened next?"

I squealed and jumped repeatedly, "Oh, no, no, no..." I chanted, with my cheeks burning. "Mommy!" I made a crying sound.

Her lips parted. "Oh, yes, yes, yes?" She said something similar to what I did and held both of my arms to stop me from jumping.

I face-palmed myself out of embarrassment. "I shouted kanina kay Kairos..."

"Wait..." She gasped, "You what?!" her voice raised when she asked me that. A small squeal even escaped her lips.

I nodded my head repeatedly, "Yes, I did... I did..." I face-palmed myself again.

"Oh my god..." She covered her mouth with her palm. "Why would you shout at him?"

I stomped my feet, "I didn't mean to naman, Mommy." and dramatically sat on our carpet. "I thought it was only Kuya!" My lips pouted. "But then..." I raised my two hands, "Kairos was there, standing at the front of my door! And guess what?! I shouted thinking it was Kuya Zyler or Xavier lang!" tumili ulit ako matapos isumbong sakanya 'yon.

She squealed too, "Oh my god!" and pressed her head with her hands.

I frowned, "None of you told me na he's hear pala..." I pointed my whole body. "He saw me wearing these pajamas!"

Her eyes widened. "So you mean to say... He saw you looking..." tinignan niya ako mula ulo hanggang paa. "Like that..?" hindi makapaniwala niyang tanong.

I nodded my head. "I didn't think about it kanina, but ngayon?!" I wiped my invisible tears, "I should have worn my satin dress." nanalulumo kong sinabi.

She sat in front of me with her lips pouting a bit. "I thought mamaya ka pa gigising. Your brother said, puyat ka raw. So?"

I sniffed, "It's okay, Mommy..." and crossed my arms. "Ang not okay is sina Kuya."