KABANATA 03

Kabanata 03

The third tick

I crossed my arms, "What should I wear..?" I mumbled, for I can't count how many times I've already said it.

After I ate, I immediately ran back to my room to avoid bumping into one of my brothers, as they are now... Well, cleaning our cars.

Kinuha ko ang pulang dress mula sa higaan at itinaas 'yon. "You?" My head tilted, "You're so very formal nga lang." binalik ko 'yon sa kama.

I reached for my baby blue pencil skirt and faced the big mirror across from me, "Should I wear a skirt nalang?" tanong ko habang hinaharap 'yon sa aking balakang.

My mouth formed an 'o'. Binaba ko 'yon sa higaan at kumuha ng panibagong damit. This time, it's a white skort that forms an ireggular shape at the front and has three buttons on each side as a design. "Maybe this? Para girly but adventurous at the same time? And, maybe, I'll pair it with my fitted lace off-shoulder top?" I again suggested it to myself.

I shook my head. "No... No, no, no. I used this skort so many-many times na." My nose scrunched as I put the piece of cloth back on the bed.

I crossed my arms, "Should I wear my casuals na lang? Pants and crop tops..? Or basic sleeveless?" mahinang bulong ko.

My lips pouted when my mind contradicted me again. "Hmm!" I sighed, "It's our first date, so—" natigilan ako nang ma-realize ang sinabi. My cheeks started burning when I thought of a scenario with Kairos and me walking side by side.

I immediately covered my mouth when I squealed. "Oh my gosh... Casual should not be on the list!" I shook my head. "Na-ah..."

I ran back to my walk-in closet, "I should accessorize and dress well! So, he wouldn't be shy about dating me." I said, giggling as I scanned through my different dresses. "We'll make a great pair tomorrow..." I smiled and began humming, "I will look like his girlfriend... He will look like my boyfriend..." I giggled, "Lovey dovey couple..." tuloy ko sa kanta.

My hands voluntarily stopped when I saw my pale yellow dress. It has irregular patterns at the end, a thin strap connecting to the tube, and some shimmering glitter that will twinkle once it hits the sun.

I took the dress out, "Mature but cutie!" I giggled.

After finalizing what I should wear for tomorrow, from my white spool heels to my silver hoop earrings, and lastly, my white mini bag that finished and completed the looks, I just went by with my usual day: bathing, watching, and cat walking all around my room with my new bought and unused clothes. Lastly, and most important of all, are my skincare routine and beauty rest for the very big day tomorrow.

I slowly walked toward him.

Even with the loud noise from the people and cars passing us by, it didn't take my attention away from him: his broad shoulders, his built-up muscles, and his 6'3" height sure do know how to stand out.

I tucked my hair behind my ear, "Kairos..." tawag ko sakanya.

Like a scene playing in a movie, the corner of my sight turned lighter and brighter. He was glowing at the center of my cornea, standing with his hands placed in his side pockets. Slowly, and along with the loud thud of my heart, he looked back at me. When I waved my hand, that was the time he fully turned his whole body.

My eyes went down to his clothes. He's wearing black fitted pants that emphasize his long legs even more, tucked-in black long sleeves rolled up to his elbow, and a plain, thin silver chain necklace that balances it all.

His head tilted, "Let's go?" his hand extended to where I was when he asked that.

I nodded my head. "Hmm!" When I was about to reach for him, a heavy weight suddenly pinned me on my back, making the scene take a toll like an earthquake.