KABANATA 06

Kabanata 06

The sixth tick

"I'm done na..." I said after sipping the last bit of shake from the glass. I shook it and placed it on the table, "Let's do a half-half?" I smiled at him.

He didn't say anything and just gestured for the waiter to come close with the receipt. I pouted and took my wallet out of my bag without saying anything din kagaya niya. I was about to get the bill from the waiter, but he decided to give it to Kairos when he asked for it.

I leaned in and peeked toward him, "How much?" tanong ko.

His attention went to me, and again, without uttering a single word, he clipped five hundred and three hundred bills on the money holder.

My eyes blinked. With my stares, I followed the waiter, who was already walking away from our table, with the cash Kairos gave him. My head turned back to the man I was eating with. "I thought... Mahal?"

He bit the tip of his tongue, "Let's go..." and stood up from his seat.

My eyes blinked, "How about your change?" I asked before taking myself out of my chair too.

He shook his head, "Don't mind it." tipid na sagot niya.

Both of us went out of the building and waited in front of it. The night became darker, and only the crickets from the surroundings were all we could hear. It's passed ten already; that's why. The wind, too, is a lot colder than kanina. It's shoving my dress away rin. Especially since Kairos and I just got out of the restaurant we ate at.

"Uh..." I bit my lip and held the strap of my bag tightly. "Are we gonna... Sakay sa jeep?"

He glanced at me, "Do you want a cab instead?" tanong niya pabalik.

My eyes widened. My hand and head shook at the same time. "No! It's okay!" I said, assuring him. I chuckled, "I'm kinda excited din naman..." mahinang bulong ko.

Because he was standing beside me, I could see how his sharp jawline became more emphasized, just like his adams apple, when he took a gulp. "First time?" He asked, before looking at the approaching vehicle.

"Hmm..." I nodded and smiled. "First time..." I mumbled, storing the scene of this foremost thing we will do together.

Kairos walked closer to the jeep when it stopped in front of us, while I was only watching him. I straightened my body when he looked back at me. He tilted his head, telling my pretty ass to get in already.

I bit my lip and slowly went to him. I was hesitant at first since the entrance was small. When I looked around at the passengers, there were some students and workers looking at me impatiently.

"Uh..." I held the skirt of my dress and bent my body down for it to fit.

Kairos also came in after me. He even guided me to sit on one of the empty spaces since I was there lang, ducking a bit and not moving from my position.

I pursed my lips and leaned toward his side. "How much?" My question made the two students sitting in front of us — who were staring din to Kairos kanina pa — look at me.

They glanced at each other. And from the looks of them, I know they're sharing the same brain cells by making fun of me in their two little heads. So, I rolled my eyes at each of their faces when their eyes pinned back on me.

I could feel him watching as I did that, but I didn't care. I even crossed my arms to intimidate them more. Umirap ulit ako sakanilang dalawa before tignan pabalik si Kairos. I pouted my lips at him, silently making sumbong about the girls who, I'm pretty sure, have a crush on him na.