KABANATA 48

Kabanata 48

The fourth twelve

"We're here." He said before staring back at me.

I gulped and looked outside. Nauna akong bumaba at pumasok sa loob ng court. The sun wasn't as harsh as it was supposed to be. Makulimlim ang langit kahit tanghali na kaya hindi rin mainit. Our rabbit began to hop all around when I placed her down. And I just watched her, still squatting my legs with a small smile written on my lips.

Umangat lang ang tingin ko nang may humarang na paper bag sa tapat ng mukha ko. It was Ace... He was looking down at me as the wind messed with his own hair.

My eyes went down to what he was offering me, "What's that?" tanong ko bago tumayo.

"Food." He twisted his own hand to show me the logo of it from the other side. "Hindi ka pa kumakain." Malumanay na sagot niya.

I pouted and slowly took the huge paper bag from him. "Thanks..." I mumbled back before I ran to the nearest bleacher.

The smell of different foods hit my nose after I opened the lid. Kinuha ko ang sandwhich, binuksan, at kaagad na kinagatan 'yon. I didn't think of anything else or the consequences of what I was doing; I just let myself eat.

He sat beside me and placed the cups of drinks between us. He then grabbed a container and opened it. Akala ko kakainin niya 'yon, but, no... He mixed the sauce and the pasta, twirled them on the fork, and placed them in front of my lips, ready to feed me. Pabalik-balik ang tingin ko tuloy sakanya and sa hawak niya.

"Ayaw mo?" He asked innocently.

I immediately gulped the munch food inside before opening my mouth for him.

He stiffled with a low chuckle when I slurped a tiny piece of pasta that was hanging out of my lips. Mas lalo siyang natawa nang dilaan ko ang sauce na nagkalat sa labas ng bibig ko. I don't know why, but it was so funny for him.

Umirap ako bago kagatan ang sandwhich ko. That didn't stop him from laughing, though. He's still got wide ears and has this kind of boba look on his prominent and hazel eyes — they were glistening and shining.

Tumigil lang siya when he noticed that I was having a hard time eating the big chunk of bread I took a bite on. Tinulungan niya 'kong uminom ng juice before he continued on helping me finish all the food he also brought.

I sighed and stood up as he cleaned out the trash. I brought my hands behind me, tilted my head, and looked straight at the ring.

A smile formed on my lips when I remembered the deal we made here. Lumingon ako sakanya. "Did I really shoot the ball back then?"

Natigilan siya saglit dahil sa tanong ko. He cleared his throat and stared at me too. "What do you think?"

Even though it was embarrassing, I still shook my head as an answer and averted my eyes from him. Binalik ko ang tingin ko sa ring at inalala kung pa'no ko nga ba siya napapayag na maging kami.

Seconds later, I felt him behind me. He was standing so close, but it was just enough for me too.

"Do you think it's worth it?" I softly asked.

He peeked at me. "Hmm?"

"It was for me, but how about you?" My lips quivered, "D-Do you feel like it's worth it?" kinakabahan kong tanong.

"Elaborate more."

"Me and you..." I sighed and took a courage to give him the same stare. "Us — being together. The deal; our relationship. Was our time spent worth it for you? To either of you?"