KABANATA 25

Kabanata 25

The twenty-fifth tick

I frowned and crossed both of my arms. "Kairos!"

He turned around, facing me while walking backwards. Tuloy-tuloy pa rin ang pagdri-dribble niya ng bola na habang nakagano'n.

Unti-unting namuo ang ngiti sa mga labi ko. I ran our distance and clung to his arm. Dahil sa ginawa ko ay parehas kaming tumigil sa paglalakad. My head tilted. "Let's ask questions alternately!"

He raised his brow at me. "For what?"

"To get to know each other! Kasi sabi mo na hindi naman talaga kita kilala—" I bit my lip after realizing what I said. "Or... Was it Zach who said it?" Mahinang dagdag ko.

He bit the tip of his tongue and averted his eyes from me.

I gulped and walked in front of him. "The point is... Either of you thinks that way." I smiled when he brought his gaze back to me. "So, let me get to know you." I chuckled. "I said na kikilalanin kita, right? Kaya cooperate naman, Kairos."

He pursed his lips while I smiled at him. Umiwas ulit siya ng tingin, pinag-iisipan ang gusto kong mangyari. Dumaan ang ilang segundo, bago niya ako harapin. He heaved a deep sigh, "Fine." tipid na sagot niya bago ako lagpasan.

I giggled and clung to his arms again. "What's your comfort food?"

"None..." My lips parted after he answered in the most boring and short way.

Ngumiwi ako sinimulang alugin ang braso niya. "Bakit wala kang comfort food? Everyone has that kaya..." My eyes twinkled, picturing a cheesecake in my mind. "Yung feeling na happy ka and calm whenever you eat that even thing? Especially when your stress and inis gano'n?" I pouted and peeked my head at him. "You never eat that kind of foody? Or that feeling even sa small candy?"

"You asked three already and said a whole paragraph with just one question of yours." He raised his brow and glanced down at me. "How's that for alternately?"

My nose scrunched. "Fine! Your turn..." I smiled at him. "Bring out your question... Dali, go!"

He licked his lips. "Is there anything you can't understand in your lessons?"

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. Nang tignan niya ako pabalik, matapos ang ilang segundo, dahil wala pa ring lumalabas na sagot mula sa'kin, ay tsaka lang ako nagsalita. "Get to know each other nga, eh!" I shake his arm again. "Why naman gan'yan? Dapat kunwari..." I started moving my free hand at random. "Anong fave food mo? Color? Or hobbies?"

"What's wrong with my question?"

"Wala naman... Pero!" I made a loud clap and clung back onto his arm again. "Get to know each other nga kasi! Get to know na as in get to know... Yung mga random things about sa'yo and me rin."

"You prefer it that way..." He shrugged his shoulders. "While I want another way."

My eyes blinked. "What other way exactly..?"

"Rationally..." He bit the tip of his tongue and suddenly became lost as his gaze turned nowhere. "You're asking those questions to know some things about me, right?"

I nodded my head. "Kasi nga kikilalanin kita! You're courting me na kaya..."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You can do that, and I will ask what I want to ask." I was about to protest, but he seemed to know what I was about to do, so he cut me off. "No question." Tipid na sabi niya.

I squinted my eyes at him, which made his brow rise. "Ang duga mo naman..." Nagtatampong bulong ko.

"Just answer the question, Little Brat." He said, while spinning the ball on the tip of his finger.