KABANATA 12

Kabanata 12

The first twelve

My lips quivered. "W-What..."

His stare at me remained serious. Despite me facing him with my whole body again, he didn't even flinch and just looked directly into my eyes.

I shook my head, with my eyes blinking repeatedly. Ang namamasang mga mata ko ay nawala na dahil sa mga binitawan niyang salita. "Is this one of your tricks again, Kuya?" I chuckled bitterly.

Still, his eyes were on me. Wala siyang naging reaksyon sa tinanong ko sakanya. Maging ang pagtawa ko ay parang hangin lang din na dumaan. I heaved a deep sigh and raised my chin. "I'll talk to him." I gripped the hem of my skirt tightly before turning around, once again.

"May tanong muna ako..." My head turned sideways, waiting for him to finish his sentence. "Gaano mo kamahal si Kairos?"

My lips parted. Dumaan ang ilang segundo bago ako tuluyang makabawi sa gulat. Ngumiti ako nang tipid at tinignan ang labas namin. "So much... So much that I'll endure everything for him." Lumingon ako sakanya. "You should know by now, Kuya." I smiled at him. "That loving me... Means accepting what or whom I love too."

He pursed his lips. "And if he hurts you? Should I just stay still and accept that either?"

"Loving comes with pain, Kuya..." I sighed. "I may be childish, spoiled, and a crybaby... But I know what it takes to love someone."

He licked his lips and averted his eyes from me for a second. Huminga muna siya nang malalim bago ako balikan ng tingin. "I'll take you to him."

My eyes widened. "H-Huh?"

He walked closer to me and pinched my nose. "Ihahatid na kita."

"Y-You're... You're not gonna stop me na?"

He chuckled, "I'm still fifty-fifty..." and shrugged his shoulders. "But seeing you so eager to be with him... Then there's nothing I can do." He shook his head. "It's better this way than to let you off by yourself."

Unti-unting gumuhit ang ngiti sa labi ko. I jumped and hugged him around his neck. "Thank you!" I squealed happily.

Gumapang ang kamay niya paikot sa bewang ko kasabay nang malalim niyang halik sa aking ulo. "There's something you should know first..."

I nodded and moved my arms away from him. "What?"

He bit his lip and ruffled my hair. "Ask Kairos whose Zach is... Only then... And only then will I allow the both of you to be together."

Kahit nagtataka, ay minabuti ko nalang ulit na tumango at ngumiti sakanya. "Hatid your pretty and favorite sister na..." I giggled, which made him roll his eyes.

"Mas favorite ko naman si Nash—" I pinched him in the arm, which cut him off. "Aw!" He winced, seeing the marks of my long nails on his skin.

I chuckled and pushed him out of our house. I locked the front door before pulling him toward his car. "There's still a night to catch, Kuya!"

Our trip was a lot quieter than I expected; he was just silent the whole time, while I played with my fingers because of the nervousness I'm feeling. 'Till now, I couldn't find the exact words to say to him. Mistulang nablanko ang utak ko kung paano ko nga ba babawiin lahat ng sinabi ko sakanya kanina.

Should I just say sorry muna? Or should I start explaining na kaagad why I went there? Or maybe I'll try to ask him muna about his feelings? In the first place, 'yon naman ang gusto kong malaman from him, eh. But... Where should I begin? A smile... Wave..?