KABANATA 44

Kabanata 44

The forty-fourth tick

Just like I wanted, Ace, our rabbit, and I stayed in the apartment after we took her to the vet. All day, I was beside her while Ace went to the grocery store by himself. Umuwi rin naman kaagad siya dala ang maraming supot ng mga plastic at nilutan kami ng kung ano-ano. I couldn't talk to him that much because of how busy I am checking on our rabbit from time to time — feeding her, playing with her, and making sure she's calm na.

He can only watch us and syempre play with her na rin minsan by caressing her and letting her sniff or bite him. Though, mostly, busy siya in his macbook. When I asked him about that, he moved from the dining table and sat beside me on the couch, just to let me watch as he sent emails back to different people.

The next day, I woke up early only to be greeted by my brothers. Scratch that... Because they were the reason I woke up in the first place naman pala!

I groaned, sinking deeper into my bed while he pulled my arms to get me up. "Kuya Zy naman, eh!" I whined as I stomped both of my legs on the soft mattress.

"Tumayo ka naman diyan — anong oras na! Gago, buhay prinsesa ka naman ata? Inaalila mo pa tropa namin! Hanep ka, ah?"

My lips frowned. "What do you mean inaalila?! It's his choice to cook, clean, or do anything in this house kaya!" I yelled back.

"Inaabuso mo naman! Kakarating lang pero dinadawit mo na rin sa showbiz life mo. Ayos ka, ah?"

I started kicking his arms. "I didn't tell him to serve me, duh? And matagal naman na siyang kilala ng mga tao, eh! He was known first before me, okay?!"

"Anong didn't tell him to—" He pulled me with half his strength, causing me to sit down completely. "Pagkarating namin naglilinis ng tae ni rabi 'yan!"

"And, so?!" My eyes glared straight at Ace, "Do you have any problem with that?!" nanghahamon kong tanong.

He shook his head. "She's my pet too."

Tinaasan ko ng kilay si Kuya Zy, "See?! She's his daughter daw! Our daughter!" I crossed my arms. "Dapat lang for him maglinis ng poop ni rabi, no!"

"Anong daughter..?" He began laughing and rolling down beside me. "Gago, pet lang sinabi! Daughter-daughter ka diyan!"

My lips parted, along with my eyes widening. I looked back at Ace, feeling betrayed and in disbelief. That made him gulp and shake his hands repeatedly.

I pointed at the door when he opened his mouth, in an attempt to calm me down. "Get out!" Malakas na sigaw ko sakanya.

How dare he neglect our baby?! My mouth said those words because I thought he'd actually say them, pero no naman pala! The audacity of him!

My lips pouted as I opened my arms for my rabi, who was watching us. "Come to Mommy nalang..."

Her head tilted at first before she hopped toward me. Inabot ko siya mula sa sahig at niyakap, "Don't make pansin to him, oki?" bulong ko.

"Wait, that's unfai—"

Sinaaman ko ulit ng tingin si Ace nang kumontra siya. "What are you still doing here?"

His eyes blinked. "Are you serious..?" He asked, gently and a little bit scared.

"Actually..." I smiled at him. "Yes."

He bit the tip of his tongue. "But..."

"Get out na sabi..." I started shooing him away with my hands. "Go away, shoo! Lumayas ka here!"