KABANATA 07

Kabanata 07

The seventh tick

"Umuwi kaagad, ah?" I stopped getting out of his car when he said that.

That phrase is the last thing I heard kay Kuya Xavier kagabi, and it is also the first thing Kuya Zyler said to me this day. I'm getting kinda irritated at them na. Hindi nila ako pinansin while we three make our way back home, pati kaninang breakfast.

I glanced at him, "Who are you? Si Daddy?" umirap ako sakanya bago bumaba at padabog na isinarado ang pinto ng sasakyan niya.

"Hoy, aba't!" I heard his complaining voice. When I looked at him, the window on his passenger's seat are already rolled down. He was bending his neck and back in order to peek at me from the inside.

I snuck my tongue out, "Don't baby me nga, Kuya Zyler!" I said before heading inside my school.

"Hey," My eyes went from fixing the strap of my bag, to the man who stepped in front of me.

My eyes blinked, "Yes?" tanong ko.

His lips parted, "Don't tell me... Hindi mo nanaman ako naaalala?" hindi makapaniwala niyang tanong.

I pursed my lips, wondering where I had seen his familiar face. But... No matter how much I looked at him, hindi ko naman siya ma-remember? I shrugged and shoved my hair away from my shoulders. "No... Eh?" I smiled, "Sorry..." and passed him.

"Wait!" I stopped when he ran and blocked me again.

My head tilted. "Hmm?"

He poked his inner cheeks and extended his hands to me. "Atlas..."

My mouth formed an 'o'. I pointed at him, "The guy... I almost bumped into, right?" mangha kong tanong.

A wide smile formed on his lips. He nodded his head repeatedly and moved his hand closer to me. "Yup, I'm that guy, Amber. And... Also the guy kagabi? At the café."

My lips parted. "That was you pala..."

He smiled at me even more because of what I mumbled.

I reached for his hand to shake with him. "Okay... Uh..." I cleared my throat and pulled my palm away from his grasp, since he's been holding it for so long na. I don't know, but maybe he's pasmado pala, right?

"So, what do you need ba? If none naman..." I smiled at him. "I'll get going; I have a class to attend pa kasi."

He nodded his head. "Ask ko lang..." He averted his eyes from me, like shy siya na ewan. "Do you want to have lunch..?"

My mouth formed an 'o'. "I can't, eh." I shook my head. "Until 10:30 lang ako, so..."

He bit his lip and scratched his head, "Sige, next time nalang." sabi niya before umusog paalis sa harapan ko, giving me a way na siguro.

I gave him a small smile and walked out of his sight. When I entered the room, my professor was already there. Good thing na lang na sa back door ako dumaan, so he didn't see me kaagad.

I bit my lip and made my steps minimal so he would not mark me as late. I pulled the chair quietly and sat there without taking my eyes off him, afraid that he might catch me sneaking in. He's a terror pa naman. As in super duper terror niya.

My breath hitched when the tip of his marker tapped the whiteboard. "Try to solve this..." He said before facing the whole class. "Tinuro ko na sainyo 'to last week. Let's see, kung naalala niyo pa."

I pursed my lips and took my pen and notebook out of my bag when he glanced at me. A sweet smile was on my lips when I looked back to him before solving the problem he had written on the board.