Chapter 9: U.A. Sports Festival (PART 5)(Each Scar is a Medal)

Somewhere around the Booths,

After your illusion copy returned to you, you began to listen in to what your copy has gathered, for you to understand what is going on and why Deku was with Todoroki. As you picture the situation, you nod at understanding at what Todoroki had to endure since young till now, looking at the stadium before you while you are seen eating some food you bought from one of the Booths.

(y/n): I see... Todoroki has it hard, too.... like me....

You said while munching on your food.

As you were enjoying you little snack break, you can feel someone tugging on your attire by the pants for you to look down to see a kid.

(y/n): Oh. Why hello, kid. looks behind the kid having a shock look Well,... kids to correct myself.

You said as you see some kids crowding in front of you.

Kid 1: You're Cerebro, aren't you?

Kid 3: The Reio- Rei- oh... nix???

(y/n): It's Reionics. R-E-I-O-N-I-C-S. Reionics. And yes, kids. I'm the Reionics Hero: Cerebro.

Kids: Wooooww~!

(y/n): Heheh.

Kid 2: Your quirk is amazing, you know that? Getting to use monsters as your own arsenal!

Kid 1: Yeah. And You can even summon them from your support item, too?

(y/n): Oh this? shows the Giga Battlenizer Well, it stores over one hundred monsters in it.

Kids: looks at the Battlenizer in awe

Kid 5: We want to be like you, Cerebro.

A kid mentioned, for the others to support his idea.

(y/n): Whoa whoa whoa, kids. Let's not jump it. And in fact, you really wouldn't want to be like me, really.

Kid 3: Oh?

Kid 2: Why not?

(y/n): The quirk I have, Reionics, is a gift and a curse.

Kid 6: Why's that?

(y/n): Well, for starters, if you have Reionics inside of you, its true agenda will make you drive to keep fighting with no breaks, which will eventually cause you to tire out and weaken. There are cases you can go berserk from it. And when you have Reionics, the monsters you are paired, when they suffer, you'll suffer as well. When you perish, you.... well,.... you'll understand when you get older, kids.

Kid 1: So, when one of your monsters get hurt, you'll also feel the same pain as your monsters?

(y/n): Yes, kid. When you have one of these, as in, then you'll feel the true effects of the Reionics coursing through you.

You said, fishing out your own diary as you showed them the Battlenizer while showing your Neo Battlenizer.

Kids: Whoa....

Kid 4: Why is this Battlenizer different from the one on the picture, Cerebro?