Chapter 8.5: Respect Earned

After that, you looked at Mr. Nezu and Mr. Aizawa, for you to see them nod at you. You soon bowed at them before going back to your seat with Mr. Aizawa taking over the class now.

Mr. Aizawa: Alright, class. I'm sure you have a lot to think about after hearing what (Y/n) said. Honestly, the Principal and the teachers including me have a lot to think about, also after hearing this. So, take this time and opportunity to ponder about what your classmate said, and also to prepare yourselves for Summer Camp. Trust me, you'll need it.

Class 1-A: Yes, sir!

The class said.

Mr. Aizawa: Thank you for your time, (Y/n).

(Y/n): No problem, sir.

Mr. Aizawa: Now, go join your class and do what you like.

Mr. Aizawa said as the principal and Mr. Aizawa soon left the class.

As soon as you were about to join back with your classmates, Bakugo placed his hand on your shoulder.

(Y/n): Hmm? 

Bakugo: Meet me outside class. Now. At the stairs.

Bakugo said, carrying his bag as he made his way out from the class, for your classmates to see this.

After watching him leave, you sighed as you followed him outside, for your classmates to worry what this is all about, for some to claim it is due to the outburst from just now.

Outside the Classroom, at the stairs,

You and Bakugo can be seen standing in front of each other, with you stand behind the wall and for Bakugo to stand in front of you, wondering what this is all about.

(Y/n): Alright, Bakugo. What's this about?

Bakugo: Is it true?

(Y/n): Hmm?

Bakugo: About what you said in front of the Class! Is what you said true?

Bakugo ask, questioning you.

Hearing this, you were expecting him to yell at first but surprisingly, he didn't. So, you smiled as you calmly answered him.

(Y/n): Yes, it is. Don't forget, Bakugo. First, I'm from another world and older than you so in a way, I'm your senior. Second, I have my entire team to thank for, for teaching me all of this so I can relay it to all of you Class A and B. You too. We need the trust so that we can work together as a team. That means you fixing your friendship with Deku, too... and trusting him, even if he stands in his way-

Bakugo: HE'S NOT STANDING IN MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Y/n): Then what is he, to you?

You question Bakugo next.

There was a long pause until he spoke.

Bakugo: ..... I just.... I just wanted him to suffer so he could.... become a Hero more like me.... I never wanted to give him this much of suffering even now... I'm only doing this because I wanted to test him to see if he could go on to be a Hero or not.

(Y/n): I noticed in the practical. Plus, if you want to do that, perhaps there could've been a better approach to do this, right? And what if he doesn't, hmm? Perhaps you haven't thought of that, didn't you?

Bakugo: sighs Yeah, perhaps I could've done better a- H-HEY!!!! I THOUGHT OF THAT DAMMIT, YOU MONSTER WIZARD!!!!!!!!!!

(Y/n): Then what is your answer, if you have thought about if he doesn't?

You ask. 

There was a long pause as Bakugo can be seen thinking about this.

Bakugo: .... I'll... I'll still be his friend... even if he's without a Quirk.

(Y/n): I see. Good, then.

Bakugo: But I need to know from you.

(Y/n): Hmm?

Bakugo: Why bring our past into this?

(Y/n): Well, it's simple. If trust is strong, take you and deku for example. If trust is strong, your bond will grow stronger and you will get along with each other, thick and thin. However, if trust is weak, this is an example from then to now.

You explained.

Bakugo soon was shocked when he heard this from you, knowing that you are right.

(Y/n): Having a strong quirk is a fortunate thing, a privilage, and an entitlement. But a quirk doesn't make you who you are. It is you, your conscience and your choices that makes who you are, that counts, Bakugo. Just like those extras who are your classmates and schoolmates around you. So, enough acting like you're some Big Dog or a Tribal Chief and just be who you really are, a Childhood Friend to Deku, and a friend to your classmates.

You said.

Listening to this, Bakugo knew he had a lot to think about, for him to offer his hand out to you.

(Y/n): oh?

Bakugo: consider yourself to be the first to ever be my friend in this School. I'll think about what you said.... so starting now,.... you've earned my respect, for standing up to me, and teaching us how being a true hero is all about.

Bakugo said.

You were surprised at this. Inspite being hesitant at first, you soon slowly accepted his hand and shook it. After that, you both released your hands from each other.

(Y/n): So, what will you do now?

Bakugo: Hmph! Dunno. Maybe keep it down a notch with our Extras. Especially, Deku.

(Y/n): Hmm. Not a bad start. Starting slow always win battles and races everytime.

Bakugo: Yeah yeah, I get your point, Monster Wizard. I'll be there when you Extras are shopping for what we need for our Training Camp.

Bakugo said calmly while leaving the school.

hearing this, you smiled at what he said, knowing that you managed to get through to him while you looked at your hand that shook his hand.

(Y/n) (Inner Thoughts): He may have a long way to go, but this.... this is a good start fro him to rebuild his friendship with Deku.

You said.

After seeing Bakugo off, you immediately went back to class as they could be seen discussing about what they'll be doing for their Training Camp.

To be Continued....