Chapter 2

Leaving the Zhao family home was easier than Mingxi thought it would be.

This solidified the fact that in her past life, she was indeed wrapping a cocoon around herself. The moment she took the initiative to abandon this family, she would no longer have her panties in a bunch due to those negative emotions.

Now, Mingxi only had her mind set on how to save her life. She had a strong capacity to act. The next morning when the procedure to transfer classes was complete, she began to move her books.

The system gave Mingxi a flower pot filled with only soil and nothing else— It was something only Mingxi could see.

"Every time you collect some luck, the buds will grow. Only when the pot is filled with fully-grown plants will the negative energy around you be dispersed. It is only at that moment when your ending will stop being 'unable to die a natural death'."

"Furthermore, if you manage to fill this pot to the brim, your luck may even exceed that of Zhao Yuan's."

Mingxi asked, "Will this affect the people who I'm freeloading from?"

"No. Have you ever heard of a Wi-Fi hotspot? You can freeload on their luck and their own luck will not decrease whatsoever."

Mingxi was relieved.

When she received the pot, she was so overwhelmed with emotion that she purposely tried it on her class monitor. Before leaving her class, she gave him a warm hug.

Her class monitor was shocked.

While Mingxi was hugging her class monitor, her eyes were focused on that pot which was floating on air, as if she was a husband waiting for his wife to give birth.

...In the end, despite having hugged for a whole three minutes, the soil in the pot didn't even budge.

It was frozen like a photo.

Mingxi was speechless.

The system reassured her, "Your class monitor is rather useless as his return rate is only 0.000001%. You should just place your effort on those who are at the top of the list."

Mingxi felt unnerved.

This pot was the size of her head. How long will she take to fill it up?! As for the matter of having more luck than Zhao Yuan, she was indifferent about it. She just wants to avoid dying of terminal illness.

With a broken heart, Mingxi took her books and went downstairs with her class monitor to where the Evergreen Class, Gold Medal Class and International Class were.

She was wearing A High's uniform which was wide and dark. She had black hair which had grown to her collarbones and fair skin. There was a red string around her neck and attached to it was a piece of jade.

There were droplets of sweat on her pale nose. As usual, she had a mask on her face.

Mingxi found it difficult to breathe with the mask on, but she couldn't just toss it aside.

In her past life, she didn't listen to the doctor's advice to wear a mask. Instead, she just put on sunscreen. In the end, there was always a faded mark on her face that even scar-removal creams could not remove.

While it wasn't obvious from afar, the moment one took a closer look, it was like a small patch of dirt on an otherwise beautiful vase. It was to the extent of making the creator say, "God is so unfair for leaving a mark on perfect things".

If her face was fully healed, Zhao Yuan would no longer be the prettiest girl in school.

Mingxi felt helpless. Perhaps it was because she was the villain, hence she would always lose to the main character.