Chapter 17

The first thing Mingxi did once she got back to her dorm room was to happily count the money, no, the buds in her flower pot.

Three buds seemed to have grown from the act of picking out coriander leaves; another five buds from buying him medicine and applying it on him. With the addition of the previous 15 buds, she should have a total of 23 buds... So why are there 38 buds right now?!

Wait a minute. Then is her face—

Mingxi happily took off her mask and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

It's really gone!

She couldn't even see any marks or scars despite the close distance. Whoa, this is amazing.

It was the first time since she came to this life that she almost cried out of joy.

System: "That's because you held his hand."

Mingxi calculated for a moment before replying in shock, "I can get 15 buds from just holding his hand?"

Then what was the point of her planning her actions so meticulously? She might as well have held a sign saying '520'* while running toward Fu Yangxi the moment she saw him and stuck their hands together with a loud clap.

*ray's note: 520 is an internet slang word used by the Chinese as a shortcut to say I love you.*

System: "Didn't you notice the time? Your fingers touched his fingers for a total of three minutes. That was the first time you've had such a long duration of physical contact with him, and the impact is usually stronger during the first time."

To be honest, Mingxi wasn't paying attention to the time. As Fu Yangxi kept on trying to pull his hands back while she was applying the medicine on him, she had no choice but to hold on to his fingers.

When the system said this, it made the whole situation sound so erotic.

The system wondered out loud: "I'm surprised that he wasn't upset about it."

Mingxi was shocked too. She wondered if it was because she kept on crossing the line with Fu Yangxi that he had gotten used to it already.

It was true that Fu Yangxi didn't seem to hate her as much any more. There were even signs that he was gradually accepting her as a friend.

This was certainly a good thing for Mingxi.

Mingxi washed her face with tremendous vigor. Then, she squatted down and began to clean up the things lying around her feet.

As the items in the luggage were all stuffed together carelessly, when she first saw it in the library, she couldn't exactly see what Fu Yangxi had given her.

Only when she finally sorted through them did she realize that they were all branded items. There were designer autumn and winter sweatshirts and coats. Mingxi was rather tall for a girl. She was also pale and thin, so any size would be wearable on her. She tried it on, and was surprised by how well it suited her.

Aside from clothes and shoes, there were also miscellaneous items like scarves, toothpaste and even a pillow stuffed in a corner.

Mingxi would never return these, because if she did, according to Fu Yangxi's personality, he would definitely get mad. Then things would become even more troublesome for her.

Therefore, Mingxi quickly worked out the cost of these items.

She calculated based on the tags. A rough estimation came up to about 70,000 yuan*.

*ray's note: as of 23/1/21 it is 10,799.30 USD*.

Looks like I can only work hard to buy and repay the same worth of items to Fu Yangxi.