Chapter 21

(Part 1)

Mingxi had both her hands in her pockets when she entered the class. Suddenly, someone called out to her.

"Mingxi."

Zhao Yuan was walking over to Mingxi with a pile of freshly photocopied information in her arms, her red-rimmed eyes filled with worry.

Mingxi turned. When she saw that it was her, she didn't even bother to greet her. Instead, she turned and walked straight into class.

She didn't want the luck that she worked so hard for to disperse due to Zhao Yuan's protective halo of being a main character!

"Wait. I want to talk to you." Zhao Yuan jogged up to her and blocked her path.

Mingxi took a glimpse at her flower pot. When Zhao Yuan got close to her, the tiny buds in her flower pot shivered and swayed. Some even stopped growing completely.

So how could Mingxi be in a good mood? She immediately furrowed her brows. "I have nothing to say to you."

A few people in the corridor looked over.

They watched as Zhao Yuan bit her lips in apparent fear of Mingxi. She mustered up her courage and said, "I just- just wanted to apologize on behalf of E Xiaoxia..."

A beauty with a kind heart.

Such a term appeared in the minds of all the boys in the corridor.

This incident clearly had nothing to do with Zhao Yuan. E Xiaoxia had even wanted to drag her through the mire. Nonetheless, she cared more about Zhao Mingxi's feelings and came to apologize first.

However, Mingxi was not listening to whatever Zhao Yuan was saying.

Zhao Yuan wasn't wearing her school uniform. Her bottom half was covered by a trendy dark blue colored sailor skirt, short white socks and a pair of coffee brown leather shoes.

Her long hair was tied up into a neat ponytail, and at the left side of the top of her head rested a blue checkered bow.

She appeared tidy, generous, frail and fragile.

All in all, she could be summed up in numerous glorifying terms.

On the other hand, Mingxi had a lean figure and she was almost half a head taller than Zhao Yuan. She lowered her gaze slightly. The blue checkered bow caught her attention.

Mingxi stared at that bow firmly. It was hard not to recall what happened previously.

When she first arrived at the Zhao family home two years ago, she brought a luggage bag with her. That luggage bag which was made out of rattan was personally woven by her grandmother. When she was brought in by Zhao Zhanhuai, aside from Zhao Mo, everyone else was rather friendly. Thus, it ignited a spark of hope in her heart as she looked forward to her new life.

Her mother pulled her by her hand and told her to take a shower and get changed first.

However, by the time she came out, she realized that the old clothes that she brought over and the luggage made by her grandmother had all been thrown out of the villa into the trash— Her mother said that she had suffered a lot and that she was going to buy her new ones.

Mingxi retorted softly that these were the items her grandmother had left for her.

Her mother wasn't too happy with this reply. She said, "You have to get used to your new surroundings."

The 15-year-old Mingxi back then felt conflicted. She really wanted to take back what her grandmother gave her, but she was afraid that it would make her appear unreasonable and troublesome, causing a bad atmosphere in the family.