Chapter 9

Mingxi left school for a short while during the afternoon. As the syllabus of the International Class was different from that of the Normal Class whereby there were more bilingual teaching courses, she felt the need to buy some reference books.

After making her payment, she turned and immediately saw Zhao Yuning entering the cybercafé from across the street with a few delinquents from another school who had ear piercings.

He's entering the cybercafé at this hour. Is he cutting class again?

When Zhao Yuning and his friends turned, they also saw Mingxi.

"Isn't that girl with the mask your sister?" A blonde-haired guy beside Zhao Yuning said with furrowed brows. "Is she here to stop you again? Why the f*ck are your family members so nosy?"

Prior to this, Zhao Mingxi had bumped into them a few times while they were skipping school, and every time she would drag Zhao Yuning back to school.

The blonde-haired guy and the rest already recognized her.

"You should leave now before your sister glares at us too—"

But before the blonde-haired guy could finish his sentence, Zhao Mingxi had averted her gaze, turned and left with her plastic bag full of reference books.

Wait a minute. She left just like that?

The blonde-haired guy, Zhao Yuning and the rest were stunned. "Amazing! Did your sister go through a change in personality today? She obviously saw us yet she didn't come over!"

"Let's go. Since your sister is in a good mood today and decided to let us be, let's seize the opportunity and enjoy ourselves."

However, Zhao Yuning's gaze was stuck on Zhao Mingxi's retreating figure. He was frozen on the spot while his mind buzzed.

Zhao Mingxi actually left in such an unconcerned manner despite seeing him with these delinquents?!

She actually?!

This was even more unbelievable than when he got blocked!

How did she used to reprimand him? You are a product of your environment. When she saw him hanging out with these kinds of people, she would get so angry that she would instantly drag him back to school.

But why was she acting like this today?!

—Even if she was now on bad terms with their family, she didn't need to go to the extent of treating him like a stranger, right?!

Zhao Yuning used to hate it when Mingxi would butt into his affairs. He even once ridiculed her by saying that she really thought she was his sister.

But now that she was really ignoring him, he felt a sense of irritation.

As if he was suddenly going to lose something.

"You guys go in first. I have to deal with something."

"What do you have to deal with? You can't be f*cking trying to bail on us, right?" The blonde-haired guy was unhappy.

When Zhao Yuning saw that Mingxi's figure was about to disappear from his field of vision, he swatted the blonde-haired guy's hand away from his neck, ignored how his expression darkened and ran hurriedly after her.

Mingxi walked very quickly.

Zhao Yuning was panting heavily as a result of chasing after her. It wasn't until they almost reached the Year 3 floor did he manage to stop her.