Chapter 34

The two boys on the School Representative Team were taken aback. They didn't think that they would be caught by the person itself since they were gossiping after school.

They immediately understood the situation, grabbed the team uniform that they had tossed aside, turned off the faucet, and slipped away.

"Stop if you dare!" Fu Yangxi's expression was gloomy and terrifying. He rushed out to grab someone, but was stopped by Ke Chengwen again.

"Forget it, forget it, Xi ge. Think about how many times you've been scolded by the dean this month. You even went to the police station! Calm down! Calm down!"

The two boys dared not turn their heads for fear that Fu Yangxi would see their faces clearly.

They hurriedly fled down the academic building.

Fu Yangxi couldn't calm down at all. His mind was filled with the conversation between the two boys just now.

"What do they mean by chasing after the guy with the surname Shen? What do they mean by 'can they reconcile'?"

"Was the 'Fu family's young master' referring to me? They said Little Mask used me to make the guy with the surname Shen jealous?"

As if what Fu Yangxi heard was nonsense, he turned to look at Ke Chengwen. "These people have too much time in their hands to come up with things like this!"

However, Ke Chengwen who was at the side walked over to turn off the faucet, his lips squirming as he stole glances at him. He appeared as if he was hiding something.

The air fell silent for a while.

Fu Yangxi paused. "What's up with you?"

He suddenly felt a sense of foreboding.

He glared at Ke Chengwen. "What are you hiding from me? I'll give you one last chance."

"It's— That's—" Ke Chengwen didn't know how to tell him.

Fu Yangxi urged, "Tell me!"

"When Zhao Mingxi first changed classes, didn't you ask me to find out about her family, preferences, former friends, etc.?"

Ke Chengwen was frazzled. He kept on speaking without a filter, "She used to pursue Shen Liyao! The Shen Liyao from our neighbouring class! The other family's child*! Shen Liyao, who has won gold medals for years, thinks that he is better than everyone and is arrogant as hell!"

*Translator's note: Some Chinese parents have a tendency to compare their children with another family's child, usually saying to their own child (as a form of lecturing) that the other family's child is better than them. In this context, Ke Chengwen is trying to draw a comparison between Shen Liyao and Fu Yangxi, effectively highlighting the better qualities of Shen Liyao as the trophy child.*

"Shen Liyao is very famous. It's just that Xi ge, since you sleep in class every day, you don't even remember the name of our homeroom teacher, moreover heard of that guy! It's the handsome guy who you saw in the library last time—"

"But she said he was just a friend."

Ke Chengwen murmured, "Girls are shy. It's impossible for her to tell us that she used to pursue Shen Liyao. Besides, at that time, Xi ge, you chased her away every day. She didn't have a good impression of us, so why would she tell us about this?"

Fu Yangxi couldn't understand the situation before him.

An anxious fire filled his heart.

He didn't understand whether it was jealousy or something else.