Chapter 63

(Part 1)

Neither of them had enough to eat there, so when they got home, they cooked some noodles.

"I'm actually a little angry." Mingxi stirred the noodles in the pot with long chopsticks, her voice still choked up.

She didn't look at Fu Yangxi. She lowered her eyes and stared at the boiling water and tumbling noodles in the pot. Her eyes were still red, "Before, hic, I asked what happened with the wound on your neck, hic, you actually told me that the glass bowl which you used to cook your noodles with exploded! Are you heartless or something?"

Mingxi couldn't help but put down her chopsticks.

She should have found out long ago. She had lived with him for so long, yet she had never seen Fu Yangxi eat instant noodles— His refrigerator was completely empty, there were no instant noodles or glass bowls, so what kind of noodles could he have possibly made?!

Fu Yangxi was always lying to her!

Fu Yangxi was very distressed when he saw Mingxi crying all the way back in the cold wind, her eyes swollen to the size of walnuts.

He patted Mingxi's back, trying to relieve her hiccups. He looked down at her and apologized in frustration, "It's my fault."

Mingxi raised her red and swollen eyes to look at him. "Of course it's your fault—"

"Yes, yes, I was wrong." Fu Yangxi was no longer stubborn at this time. His usually arrogant, short, hedgehog-like hair seemed to have turned gentle.

He circled around Zhao Mingxi, put his hand on the back of Mingxi's neck, squeezed it lightly and tried to console her, "Little crybaby, stop crying, okay?"

"You still dare call me little crybaby?!" Mingxi said. "Except for, hic, this time, when else did I cry?!"

Fu Yangxi replied, "That time you got drunk."

Mingxi turned her red eyes to stare at him.

Fu Yangxi was very eager to survive, so he immediately changed his words. "No, I remembered it wrongly. You didn't cry when you were drunk, I'm the one who cried, okay?"

Mingxi was still uncomfortable. This kind of discomfort was a kind of sadness that couldn't be consoled at all, because she couldn't travel back to the past and bring out the former Fu Yangxi.

She sobbed as she pulled tomatoes out of the refrigerator.

"Let me handle it." Fu Yangxi hurriedly took the tomatoes and knife from her hands. After taking them, he glanced at Mingxi.

Because he didn't know how to coax someone, his eyes looked helpless and pitiful.

He paused and said again, "I'm sorry, I won't hide anything from you anymore."

Mingxi felt distressed again. Why did she ask Fu Yangxi to apologize to her?

"I, hic, I'm not angry anymore. I'm sorry, that wasn't what I meant," Mingxi said quickly.

Fu Yangxi smiled and scratched the tip of her nose with his fingers. "I know."

Little Mask was worried about him.

**Visit ʟɪɢʜᴛɴᴏᴠᴇʟᴡᴏʀʟᴅ.ᴄᴏᴍ, for the best no_vel_read_ing experience

This was enough to make Fu Yangxi happy.

Mingxi took a step forward and hugged Fu Yangxi from behind. She wrapped her hands around his waist and pressed her cheeks to his back.

Fu Yangxi was very tall. Mingxi's cheeks were pressed square against his backbone. She could feel the bones of the boy under his clothes. Like pines and bamboo in the scorching sun, they grew by the joint.