Chapter 50

(Part 1)

"What?! Zhang Yufen is no longer in her previous hotel? She can't be found?!"

Mr Zhao's backlog of anger erupted like a volcano for a whole day. Every strand of hair was filled with mania and anger. "Why can't you find her? She is just a nanny, is she hard to find?! Isn't all the contact information she provided when she came to work before registered? What about her phone number and emergency contacts? Where's her address?! Are you guys just sitting around, waiting to get paid?!"

The people below him were trembling, afraid to speak.

Most of the time, Zhao Hongzhi was a reasonable boss who would treat his subordinates generously. Their salaries were also high enough. But this time, things may have gotten way out of control.

Zhao Hongzhi's reputation will be ruined if Zhang Yufen is not found.

There were indeed cheaters among their circle of friends, but there has never been one who has been affected this badly— especially if it was an affair with an old nanny which resulted in an illegitimate daughter being raised at home for 18 years.

Therefore, the consequence of Zhao Hongzhi being so angry that his blood pressure soared was expected.

"The address she filled in is the address of a remote mountain village, close to the mountain near Tongcheng. We have sent additional staff to find her. As for her phone, we couldn't get through to her. I'm afraid she might have thrown away the phone card and escaped."

"Can't get through?! Let me try!"

After a few beeps, there was an artificial voice explaining the call could not be connected.

Mr Zhao smashed the phone in anger. It broke apart on the opposite wall and fell to the ground.

Everyone in the living room trembled subconsciously.

"Ran off." Mr Zhao, like a fighting beast in a cage with nowhere to vent, gritted his teeth and said these two words.

"Very well, you've escaped."

Every time it was read, the blood pressure of the Zhao family members who were present went up a bit. A seed of anger spread in everyone's minds.

If Zhang Yufen was not guilty, this was just a misunderstanding and it was just a method of framing that one of the Zhao family's enemies came up with, then why should Zhang Yufen abscond with the fear of having committed a crime?

Now that she has escaped, this means that Zhao Yuan's comments on the school forum are infinitely close to the truth.

Mr Zhao furiously ordered, "Then keep looking!"

Zhao Zhanhuai also gave an ultimatum to the security company. "She must be found within three days."

Otherwise, after three days, things may have reached the point of irreversibility and everyone would have the impression of his father messing around. This was what they meant with the proverb 'a rumor only requires one word, but to stop a rumor requires one to exhaust all of one's energy.

After the security company's people left, Mr Zhao was still anxious.

When Zhao Zhanhuai saw that he was about to have high blood pressure and might be hospitalized, he quickly poured him a glass of water. "Why not get some rest? I will take care of everything else."

"How can I rest?" Mr Zhao rubbed his eyebrows. He could only feel his vision going black. "Everything has gone wrong recently. You've lost two or three projects and I've also become messed up here! The shareholders have blown up my phone with their incessant calls and I have to attend a meeting tonight."