Chapter 40

(Part 1)

​As Zhao Yuan was able to help Zhao Zhanhuai, she was somewhat proud of herself. She wanted to take this opportunity to restore her relationship with Zhao Zhanhuai to how it was before.

Thus, after she returned home from school, she did not go upstairs after having her meal. Instead, she sat on the sofa and watched TV absent-mindedly, waiting for Zhao Zhanhuai to return.

Zhao Zhanhuai has been very busy with the company's affairs recently, and his work hours would usually end after 10 o'clock in the evening.

Because of the low atmosphere at home during this period, he felt emotionally overwhelmed, so he would even deliberately stay at the company until after 11 o'clock in the evening before returning.

But today, he didn't want to return at all.

Zhao Yuan really helped him with the Lu's land, but how could Zhao Zhanhuai, a 25-year-old adult man, not tell that Zhao Yuan wanted to take this opportunity to get closer to him? She was so excited on the phone call with him, and he guessed that she would still try to take credit in front of him after he goes home.

It's just the little girl's mentality. Zhao Zhanhuai didn't think there was anything in it.

It was just that he was under a lot of pressure.

Zhao Yuan wanted praise, care and warmth, and now he was very clear that he couldn't give it.

Whether it was because of sympathy for his sister Zhao Mingxi, or because of Zhao Yuan's small actions that he had previously noticed, he could no longer look directly at Zhao Yuan as he would before.

On the one hand, he really needed the Lu's to let go of the profits. But on the other hand, there was no way he could go against his will and get closer to Zhao Yuan.

So as he drove back, Zhao Zhanhuai had many thoughts in his mind. He wanted there to be a few more red lights on the road so that he could get home later. It would be best if he got home when Zhao Yuan was already asleep so he wouldn't have to face her.

But unexpectedly, it was almost midnight when he returned home, the car had just stopped outside the Zhao family's villa, and from the floor-to-ceiling glass, he could see Zhao Yuan waiting in the living room with a book, looking out from time to time.

Zhao Zhanhuai's scalp felt numb suddenly.

He hesitated in the car for a long time and had the urge to drive the car back to the company immediately.

But before he could restart the car, Zhao Yuan found his car with surprise on her face. She hurriedly put on her slippers and went to greet him, "Brother."

Zhao Zhanhuai: "..."

This night.

Lu Ye's father received a call from his assistant in the middle of the night. The assistant was panicking. "Mr. Lu, bad news. Mr. Jiang suddenly returned to China and has been demanding to see you. His flight is about to land now. Do you want me to go pick him up or—"

Lu Xu held the phone sleepily. When he heard the words 'Mr. Jiang', he immediately woke up as if he had been struck.

He jumped up and hurriedly put on his clothes. "Why did President Jiang suddenly return to China?! Is there something wrong with the company?! Hurry up and tell me the flight schedule so I can go pick him up personally!"

President Jiang was the CEO and largest shareholder of Lu Xu's company. It could be said that the company's support depended on the capital of President Jiang! A little leak from the fingers of those wealthy people was enough for Lu Xu's company to make a lot of money!