Chapter 68

(Part 1)

Everything in the kitchen and living room was already on fire, and the crackling flames engulfed everything. The thick smoke made people's throats and lungs feel like they were about to explode.

The burning, tingling sensation spread upwards and outwards; the sense of fear swept people's hearts. The high temperature blurred people's eyes.

The child looked frightened as he hid beside the toilet.

Mingxi wrapped the quilt around him. When she rushed out with him in her arms, suddenly a beam broke and fell down.

...

"Mingxi, wake up."

"Zhao Mingxi, it's alright."

Mingxi was dripping with sweat, as if her head was being held down and soaked in sweat. There was no strength in any place from her eyelids to her fingertips.

She was terrified, and tried her best to open her eyes.

Then, she found out that she was already in the hospital.

The clean, white ceiling greeted the eye.

The pungent smell of disinfectant finally overwhelmed the billowing smoke—

Her heart was beating wildly. Turning her head, she saw that Dong Hui's eyes were red. She was holding a wet towel to wipe the dirt on her face and neck, and He Yang was not far away.

"She's awake, she's awake!" He Yang rushed out and said to the doctor.

Mingxi heard the doctor outside say, "Then she'll be fine. It's just that she inhaled some thick smoke and her throat was damaged. Ask her to try not to talk for a few days and drink plenty of water. It will be fine after a slow recovery."

Dong Hui and He Yang were relieved when they heard this.

I'm out of the house?

The burnt feeling seemed to remain on the surface of the skin.

Mingxi felt that everything was a little surreal.

Wait—

"Where's Fu Yangxi?" As soon as Mingxi opened her mouth, she found that she was almost forced to speak with her breath.

Her voice sounded as if she was 70 or 80 years old.

She struggled to sit up, but only her mind could move. Her body was like a heavy shot put, and she couldn't lift a single finger.

Especially the arms, so tired that every cell was sore and limp.

She remembered the moment when the crazy flames rushed up, the child almost fell out of her hold, and she fell into a cold embrace in the distorted heat.

The sheets on her body were already scorched by the high temperature and were about to burn.

At that moment, the new soaked sheets wrapped her body again in time, and someone rushed out with her. The power that hugged her seemed to lead her to a new life.

"He's in the next ward," Dong Hui said.

It really wasn't an illusion.

Mingxi's internal organs were seized up in fear for a moment. "What's wrong with him?!"

"Okay, okay, stop talking, your voice will break if you open your mouth again!" Dong Hui quickly pushed back Mingxi who was barely supporting herself, and said to her, "He's fine, but he hasn't woken up yet. Everyone is all right, Mingxi, you saved the child's life. But the professor's house may have burned down, and the firefighters only managed to save half of it—"