Chapter 53

On this night, they finally got the result of what tormented everyone for a few days.

Although the Zhao family publicly refuted the rumors and pushed the nanny Zhang Yufen out, the Zhao family was still greatly injured. Even Zhao Zhanhuai's company has lost many customers.

So while Mr. Zhao and Zhao Zhanhuai were exhausted, they still had to work together to clean up the mess.

Zhao Mo wasn't faring much better either. More and more information about his family was getting exposed. Some people began to mock him, "I didn't expect him to look good, but treat his sister so badly". His agent was desperately doing crisis management.

Madam Zhao stayed at home reluctantly and her mental state was visibly worse than before.

The Zhao family seemed to be able to maintain the apparent composure, but it was actually fragmented.

Meanwhile, the news spread throughout the school.

The recent rumors finally came to light. Turns out, what the original post said was true. Zhao Yuan was not the true daughter of the Zhao family and Zhao Yuan's mother was the criminal who switched the two children back then!

It was expected that once this news was confirmed, there would be much uproar within the school.

Before, everyone didn't dare to talk nonsense for fear that it was a rumor that would have a bad influence on Zhao Yuan. But now, everyone only felt confused. Zhao Yuan, who has been with their classmate for three years with the identity as a superb daughter— all the good education, branded bags and identity were all stolen? Even her life was a stolen life?!

In this case, it was difficult for everyone to look at Zhao Yuan without such a stain.

The discussion in school finally spiraled out of control.

However, after Zhao Yuan was driven out by the Zhao family, she didn't return to school. Maybe it was out of fear or something, but she directly took half a month of sick leave with the school. Thus, these comments did not reach her ears for the time being. All of it fell into the ears of Pu Shuang and the others who were close to her in the past.

The wall fell down and everyone pushed.

Now Pu Shuang and the others who were part of Zhao Yuan's attendants were also in a difficult situation.

A few of them used to comment in class, be it intentionally or unintentionally, about Zhao Mingxi's poor grades and hinted that Zhao Mingxi might be an illegitimate daughter. Now, they had to eat their words.

Not everyone in the Evergreen Class defended Zhao Yuan before, and now even more so. In the Evergreen Class alone, some people could not understand the past behavior of Pu Shuang and the others, accusing them of 'not knowing anything yet continuing to talk nonsense, all of them are Zhao Yuan's accomplices.' 'Fortunately, Zhao Mingxi herself is upright and not affected by their malicious remarks.'

Pu Shuang's face was hot, but there was no way for her to refute it. After all, the incident whereby she blatantly threw Zhao Mingxi's school bag during the training camp had spread all over the class.

Now she was akin to a sinner.

Pu Shuang wanted Zhao Yuan to come to school early to share the pressure on her— because of this, Pu Shuang's dislike for Zhao Yuan went to a deeper level.

Zhao Yuan didn't come to school at all because she was afraid of the eyes of people from school, but did it ever cross her mind that all those eyes would fall on her?!

She deeply regretted that she had regarded Zhao Yuan as her best friend before, supporting her regardless of the consequences. She regretted that she found out too late that Zhao Yuan was not worth it at all.