Chapter 26

(Part 1)

Only on Wednesday did Zhao Yuning receive the news that Zhao Mingxi came in 17th place in the October monthly exam, and that she had a higher ranking than Zhao Yuan.

He felt both suspicious and surprised.

He waited anxiously until it was lunch time. Then, he immediately ran over to the Year 3 side of the cafeteria.

It has been a whole month since Zhao Yuning has had the chance to eat a meal cooked by Zhao Mingxi. He hadn't been dragged back to school by Zhao Mingxi whenever he skipped school to go to the cyber cafe as well.

He still did not believe the words that Zhao Mingxi said to him. He refused to think that she was truly able to sever all ties with their family.

He placed all his hope on his eldest brother. However, his eldest brother hasn't been coming home recently, and he always appeared as if he didn't know how to explain the reason for this occurrence to him.

Zhao Yuning knew then that his eldest brother did not manage to coax Mingxi home.

Zhao Yuning originally thought that without Zhao Mingxi, him and his family will only return to how they were two years ago.

But what he didn't expect was to be even more disappointed and fearful than he thought when he was about to truly lose Zhao Mingxi.

Zhao Mingxi hasn't appeared in his life for a month.

Only then did he realize that he didn't hate this elder sister as much, nor was Zhao Mingxi as unimportant as he thought she was.

"I saw on the forum that the host for this year's Annual School Celebration is Zhao Mingxi, is that true?"

The first thing Zhao Yuning did when he came over was to ask about Zhao Mingxi.

The fingers that Zhao Yuan had wrapped around the chopsticks clenched tighter unconsciously.

Pu Shuang said, "Those are only rumors on the forum. The teacher from the Literature Department did look for her, but ultimately the host has yet to be decided. Besides, it has always been Zhao Yuan for the past few years, so it's impossible for them to change the host this year!"

"Oh." Zhao Yuning was a little disappointed. That spot always belonged to Zhao Yuan. If they were to change to Zhao Mingxi this year, it would be quite good.

Pu Shuang couldn't help but to say, "Zhao Yuning, they are both your elder sisters, so why don't you ask about Yuanyuan? She didn't do well this time so imagine how she feels—"

"She didn't do well?" Zhao Yuning took a spoonful of rice and looked at her with wide eyes. He asked Zhao Yuan, "Didn't you get in 22nd place this time? You've always had such results, so why didn't you do well?"

Zhao Yuan, "..."

Zhao Yuning was still thinking about Zhao Mingxi. He said in contemplation, "By the way, how did Zhao Mingxi's results improve so quickly? If I tell our family about this, Mom will be so happy..."

Zhao Yuan knew that with the existence of this loudspeaker in the form of Zhao Yuning, there was no way that she could hide the fact that she lost to Zhao Mingxi in this monthly exam.

Since she lost in the monthly exam, she will have to win against her in the Hundred School Tournament and the Annual School Celebration.

She remained silent for a while. Then, she said through gritted teeth, "If you want to see Mingxi be the host so badly, I will go to the Literature Department this afternoon and recommend Mingxi to the teacher."

If it was Zhao Zhanhuai or any other guy, they would have noticed the sorrow in Zhao Yuan's voice. However, Zhao Yuning had a one-track mind. He immediately stood up and exclaimed, "Really?!"