Chapter 67

(Part 1)

Zhao Yuan returned to the company's dormitory that day, all the while in a daze.

The dormitory was a room containing six girls. Zhao Yuan was lying on the upper bunk, very close to the chandelier on the yellowed ceiling.

She could see tiny flying insects coming in through the window and flying around the lampshade that hadn't been scrubbed in a long time.

Zhao Yuan remembered when she used to live in the Zhao family's villa. She had never seen any flying insects indoors. There would be some in the garden, but the gardener hired by Zhao Zhanhuai was very professional and would spray special insect repellent drugs, so in spring, even bees couldn't be seen.

She endured the buzzing of flying insects, closed her eyes, and bent her legs.

But she turned over and kicked a pile of clothes again.

Zhao Yuan suddenly felt overwhelming resentment.

Her previous room was larger than the three dormitories combined and her walk-in closet was more than 10 square meters in size. The designer clothes and jewelry in it were all matched by herself.

At that time, she never knew what the word "struggle" meant, because as long as she wanted it, the Zhao family would buy it for her unless it was as expensive as an airplane.

But here, the wardrobe in the dormitory was less than half a meter wide, which was not enough at all. So, she had to pile most of her clothes on the bed.

The whole single bed was extremely messy. Some clothes became crumpled, and they had lost the previous temperament they had when she wore them outdoors.

Now she couldn't even sleep with her legs straight.

Soon, some girls came back from the dance practice room. When they entered the dormitory, they closed the door with a clanging sound.

One of them had dyed their hair pink. They were already wearing sexy denim shorts and a tank top in the spring of March. Another girl had dyed her hair an indigo blue. She was dressed in neutral clothes and she had a cigarette in her mouth. She held a basin of clothes that had not been washed for a long time and were about to stink in the water.

Zhao Yuan closed her eyes tightly, facing the wall.

However, the smell of sweat in the air, fermented clothes crowded together in a dormitory by several people, nail polish, and a dozen yuan of takeaway all mixed together, formed a smell that made people want to dry heave, penetrated her nose.

Zhao Yuan tightly clenched the bed sheet as her stomach churned.

Everything was different from what she imagined.

It was only after leaving the Zhao family's house did Zhao Yuan realize how difficult it was outside.

After she signed a contract with her agent, she thought she would be able to directly enter the entertainment industry and become a hit. But what she didn't expect was that there were many girls like her under the manager's purview, and there were even girls who were prettier and better at dancing than her.

Moreover, these trainees were unequal in age, and some of them had even only reached elementary school. For example, the pink haired girl liked to use the curse words "pig" and "b*tch" over and over again. The indigo-haired one was not talkative, but she was extremely unwilling to clean. She would soak her underwear for around 10 days before they were washed.

There were only three washing machines outside the dormitories, but more than a dozen trainees live in these crowded places.

After seeing someone throw 10 days old underwear into the washing machine at one time, Zhao Yuan could only start washing her underwear by hand.