Chapter 57

Mingxi laughed enough and knew to stop, otherwise she was afraid that Fu Yangxi would be so embarrassed and angry that he would pull on his wound.

His leg was still hanging. It wasn't something to be joked around with.

Mingxi sat back on the chair, flattened the quilt that had been messed up by Fu Yangxi and tucked both sides of Fu Yangxi's body solemnly.

"Alright, let's get something to eat. What do you want? I'll go down and buy it."

"It's still snowing outside, what are you going to do? With your thin arms and legs, you might just spill everything by the time you get back. Shall we just order a takeaway?" Fu Yangxi was still reluctant to let go of Zhao Mingxi's hand. "Otherwise, ask Xiao Li to go."

He took her by the hand, extended his other hand to reach the phone on the bedside table and started to look for Xiao Li's phone number.

"What do you want to eat?"

Mingxi gave him the names of several dishes.

Fu Yangxi looked down and typed with one hand.

He typed quickly, entering everything that Mingxi wanted to eat.

Mingxi looked at him, feeling amused. She squeezed his hand. "So it won't snow if Xiao Li goes outside? The food won't be spilled?"

Fu Yangxi felt that she was asking despite knowing the answer and she was teasing him on purpose.

After Fu Yangxi sent the text message, he put down the phone, bent a leg, looked at her and said, "Xiao Li is getting paid, so what's wrong with letting him run an errand?"

Mingxi said, "You can also pay me a salary."

Fu Yangxi said, "You know—"

Mingxi asked, "What do I know?"

"You know— You know that I treat you as a person I like! How can you be the same as Xiao Li?! Why would I pity Xiao Li?! I don't think of Xiao Li as someone I like!"

Fu Yangxi felt heat on his face and spoke the truth. Seeing Mingxi licking her lips and smiling with crooked eyes, he raised his hand angrily and squeezed Mingxi's face. "Why didn't I notice that you can bully people so much before?"

Mingxi quickly apologized, "I'm sorry."

"But if you want to return me now—"

Fu Yangxi was stunned. He stared at Zhao Mingxi. Just as he was about to say, what goods did he have to return, how could he return the goods so casually? How could he return the goods when he would find it fortunate if she did not regret her decision!

He heard Mingxi say, "It's too late."

Fu Yangxi flushed, his heart which jumped to his throat got swallowed back into his stomach.

Mingxi smiled and joked with Fu Yangxi, "Young Master Fu is both rich and handsome. I will be depending on you."

Fu Yangxi tried his best to restrain the corners of his mouth from curling up, pretending to be helpless. "Go ahead. It can't be helped."

Seriously— The Little Mask that had fallen in love with him was no different from what he imagined.

Very clingy.

She just confessed and yet she is already so clingy.

What are we going to do in the future?

The two held hands and talked. In fact, they didn't say anything meaningful, but even though it was all nonsense, both of them were still smiling.

Mingsi thought that if she had known that she would be with Fu Yangxi today, she would have confessed earlier so that she would not waste so much time. Fu Yangxi also thought that if he knew that Little Mask would like him in the end, on the first day he saw her, when he couldn't hold back a feeling of numbness and electricity, he should force her to stay with him by his side.