Chapter 42

Fu Yangxi paused in his footsteps.

Sitting across from Zhao Mingxi was Shen Liyao.

The western restaurant was exquisite. The street was not wide, so even the cups on the table could be clearly seen across four lanes.

A fragrant incense was burnt at the side of the table near the glass window.

On the other side, there was a young sommelier in a tuxedo playing the violin. Even if he couldn't hear what the tune was, but seeing the expression of the sommelier indulging in it, he knew that it should be a romantic tune.

Fu Yangxi stared at that scene and did not respond for five minutes.

He forgot the look on his face, and his brain was as if it had gone rusty.

...Is this a date?

Fu Yangxi moved his eyes, and his gaze fell on the pink outfit Zhao Mingxi put on specially this morning.

Zhao Mingxi was feeling a little upset at the moment. She poked at the steak that was just served with a fork and said to Shen Liyao who was sitting opposite her, "I didn't expect busy people like you to come out and shop in the mall. Just now, when Aunt Dong asked you over for dinner, why didn't you refuse?"

Shen Liyao slowly cut the steak in a nonchalant manner.

Of course he wouldn't say that he specifically called Dong Hui to ask Zhao Mingxi out for dinner.

Although Dong Hui rejected the Zhao family because she felt that the Zhao family had treated Zhao Mingxi badly, she treated Shen Liyao with the look of a son-in-law.

Two years ago, when she heard that the Zhao family and the Shen family had promised for their children to be wed, she was happy for Zhao Mingxi. Before leaving, she told Shen Liyao to take good care of Zhao Mingxi.

Shen Liyao did not disappoint Dong Hui.

Although he later found Zhao Mingxi annoying, he did help Zhao Mingxi many times.

In fact, the reason why Zhao Mingxi fell in love with him was probably because of that heavy rain. Zhao Yuan and Zhao Yuning forgot about her and left her at the mall. She lost her way, had no umbrella, no battery on her phone and no money to take a taxi. It was he who escorted her home.

But now, whenever Zhao Mingxi saw Shen Liyao she would be like an embarrassed rabbit whereby she would turn and run.

Shen Liyao had no choice but to think of other ways to spend more time with her.

Shen Liyao said, "Aunt Dong is an elder, so I can't possibly refuse her invitation. It's you who just turned around and walked away."

With these words, Shen Liyao started to add some force into his steak cutting actions. He said, "Zhao Mingxi, we have known each other for at least two years already. Are you now unwilling to even eat at the same table with me as a friend?"

"Shen Liyao, don't you feel awkward?!" Mingxi couldn't help but say, "You don't like me, and I don't like you anymore. The best thing for us is not to meet. Even if we meet on the street, we should pretend not to know each other. It's so awkward to have to eat together that I can practically feel my toes bursting out of the room!"

Mingxi was distraught as she spoke. She was about to cut the steak to smush.

She also wanted to go back as soon as possible to find out what medicine Fu Yangxi was taking.

But now, she was interrupted by Shen Liyao. Shen Liyao proposed this western restaurant that had a long waiting time. Aunt Dong immediately agreed so that there was more time for them to converse.