Chapter 6

"Is Mingxi not planning to come home?" Madam Zhao asked the Zhao family's driver.

The relationship between Mingxi and her mother was very complicated. Although she knew that this child was her biological daughter, she had never seen her for the past 15 years, hence she felt unfamiliar around her. Physical interactions like hugs were awkward as well.

Furthermore, she had to be wary of Zhao Yuan's feelings too— Yuanyuan has had a weak physique ever since she was young. She never fought to take anything from other people. If she realized that everyone around her paid more attention to Mingxi, would she be depressed due to the feeling of abandonment?

Therefore, for the past two years Madam Zhao always kept Mingxi at arms length.

Nonetheless, Mingxi was her biological daughter. No matter how rebellious she was, there was no way she could truly ignore her.

The driver locked the garage door, shook his head and said, "When I went to pick them up, only Miss Zhao Yuan and Young Master Yuning got on. I didn't see Miss Mingxi at the school gate."

"She thinks she's all grown up now. It's already been two days and she still hasn't come back." Madam Zhao looked angry.

The driver asked, "Maybe I should go look for her after school tomorrow and bring her home?"

"It's fine. There's no need." Madam Zhao was rather frustrated. "I just said a few words and she decided to run away from home. Who indulged her to have such bad behaviour? If she doesn't come home then so be it, don't voluntarily bring her home! Also, she didn't bring a lot of clothes and shoes. I think she didn't even plan on staying in school for long!"

As this concerned another person's family, the driver didn't feel like it was in his position to say anything.

Madam Zhao turned and entered the house. Zhao Yuan wasn't home yet as she had cultural activities today. As for Zhao Yuning, no one knew what he was angry about. Instead of having dinner, he immediately entered his room to play games the moment he reached home.

While Madam Zhao was eating a simple dinner alone, she realized that Mingxi's specialty dish, sweet and sour pork ribs, wasn't here. After dinner when she was watching TV on the couch, Mingxi was also not there to massage her shoulders. She felt annoyed and it was only then that she felt that the house was exceptionally cold and cheerless.

It was impossible for her to put down her pride to ask how Mingxi was doing in school. Thus, she couldn't help but to go upstairs and knock on Zhao Yuning's door.

"Did you see your elder sister in school today? Did you ask when she will stop all this nonsense and come home?"

"I didn't see her. I'm in Year One, why would I be in the Year Three area for no reason?" Zhao Yuning was still thinking about how Mingxi ignored him at the canteen this afternoon. He pulled a long face. "Mom, stop asking me. Weren't you the one who scolded her to the point that she decided to run away from home?"

Madam Zhao was stunned. She couldn't rebut this, hence she could only leave.

When the noise outside the door dissipated, Zhao Yuning turned off his game and opened WeChat.

He couldn't wrap his head around it. Did Zhao Mingxi have to get so angry this time— Aside from the matter of not giving him a lunchbox, she also treated him like a stranger in school by ignoring him. What did this mean? Also, she wanted to leave home for real and completely sever her ties with them?

What kind of huge matter was this? Wasn't it just that Zhao Yuan triggered her allergy and their family scolded her a little? Previously when she got burnt, she didn't even say anything.