Chapter 55

After their meal, the two walked out of Professor Gao's house.

The sky outside was a little gloomy and the clouds were wrapped in a gray edge.

The air was cold, even their breaths were all white.

Fu Yangxi walked forward. When he saw the dilapidated weeds in the yard withered, he felt uncomfortable and casually said to Professor Gao, "You've got weeds everywhere. Don't you pluck them? Should I hire someone to clean them up?"

Professor Gao glared at him before he could finish speaking. "Why are you talking so much nonsense? Go home after dinner. Why aren't you leaving? You still want to sleep in my house?"

Professor Gao drove the two out as he spoke.

Mingxi quickly pulled Fu Yangxi out of the yard.

When the two left the yard, Mingxi said helplessly to Fu Yangxi, "Professor Gao is very reluctant to receive help from others. Otherwise, the task of needing someone to accompany his grandson every week can be easily solved the moment he asks a student he once taught. He will not go around and post it on the net which he is unfamiliar with. If we want to help him a little bit, we can't say so carelessly or else the old man's self-esteem will not be able to stand it."

"Is this immortal duck stubborn?" Fu Yangxi turned his head, glanced at him and with a 'tsk', he said, "I think he's very happy that the two of us came to visit him. He even drank several glasses of alcohol, yet he went and put on a reluctant face. This old man..."

Mingxi complained mentally, you sure are proud enough to say something like this about others when you yourself are the same.

Fu Yangxi stopped in shock. "Since when am I the same as him?"

Shoot.

Mingxi belatedly realized that she had muttered her thoughts out loud.

Fu Yangxi gave her a warning look. "Why do I feel that you have slandered me hundreds of times a day behind my back?"

"What slander? This is called not being afraid of the strong and having the courage to tell the truth." Mingxi had to explain herself. "You caught a cold that day and I went to give you medicine. You obviously expected me to visit you. But in the end when I went, you drove me away and you even pretended to look indifferent, saying things like, 'Why are you here?' 'Whether I'm sick or not, does it have anything to do with you? Do you care?'"

Mingxi really thought that Fu Yangxi didn't want to see her that day. But now that she thought about it, she could definitely feel the jealousy in the air.

That day Fu Yangxi must have been jealous about something that happened a long time ago again.

"What were you saying if not empty words?"

Fu Yangxi was imitated vividly by Mingxi, causing his entire face to go as red as a tomato.

What kind of joke is this?!

Was this my tone of voice that day?!

Why was it so sad like a resentful woman in the cold palace?!

Fu Yangxi became annoyed and said, "That was your misperception! I was very impatient that day! I didn't want to meet people! I was driving you away! Little Mask, you are getting bolder and bolder these days!"

Mingxi asked, "If you didn't want to see me, why did you wash your hair?"

Fu Yangxi became desperate. "It was a coincidence! Coincidence, get it? I just happened to wash my hair."

"Oh—" Mingxi made an expression of acknowledgement.

Fu Yangxi: "..."

Seeing that she was still smiling, Fu Yangxi was embarrassed and indignant. He really wanted to find a hole in the ground and stuff himself inside. He lifted his foot and walked forward.