Chapter 5

Meanwhile at the other side, Mingxi was entering the International Class through the back door. It was still lunchtime and the air-conditioner was blowing out cold air, but no one in the class was asleep. They were all looking at her.

There were only two types of people in this class: Fu Yangxi's friends and Fu Yangxi's followers.

The students who were at the podium quickly walked down while the students who were leaning on their chairs sat up straight.

As for Fu Yangxi— the actual school hunk, with his red bed head, silver noise-cancelling headphones hanging on his neck and a skeleton chain on his chest which were both arrogant and silly, he looked over at her. He was sitting on the table with one foot on the chair. His legs were crossed and the look in his eyes were cold as he watched her walk in.

There were more than forty pairs of eyes looking at her. Mingxi was under a lot of stress.

When she saw that her books were still stacked on the table beside Fu Yangxi and that no one had thrown her books to the stinky sewers yet, she let out a small breath of relief.

She pushed through the pressure and walked over.

Once she got there, Mingxi couldn't help but to suck in a deep breath.

Sorry, the luck with the scent of dried pine smelled too good. She couldn't control herself. The moment she inhaled, even her Feng Chi* was cleared.

*ray's note: also known as Acupressure Point GB20. it is located by feeling for the mastoid (ear) bone and following the groove back to where the neck muscles attach to the skull. Feng Chi is recommended for headache, migraine, eye blurriness or fatigue, low energy, and cold/flu symptoms.*

Fu Yangxi's gaze which consisted of 30% arrogance, 30% indifference and 40% callousness almost faltered.

His followers said that the first time this girl saw him, she immediately rushed over to take a whiff out of him. He didn't believe it then— But now she had actually f*king walked up to him and sucked in a deep breath. If she wasn't inhaling his scent then what was she doing?!

Before Fu Yangxi could build up his cool front again, the tips of his ears flushed red due to anger. "What the f*ck are you trying to do? Seeing as how you helped me run those 30 laps, I allowed you to sit beside me all morning. But this doesn't mean that you can continue to sit by my side!"

"But there's nowhere else to sit in class." Mingxi discussed with him calmly. "There's just the seat beside you. If I don't sit here, I can only move my table to the last row and sit all by myself."

Mingxi had her mask on. Her black medium-length hair was tucked behind her ears and her voice sounded a little hoarse.

Fu Yangxi averted his gaze from her long eyelashes. He unconsciously took a look around the class. All of the followers immediately sat up straight. Aside from the seat beside him, there really wasn't any extra space for another.

Wait—

"Why should I solve your problem?" Fu Yangxi abruptly realized. He said in annoyance, "It's none of my business."

Ke Chengwen couldn't help himself and teased Mingxi, "Transfer student, you don't have to sit beside our Xi ge. Since you've already made it to the same class, there's ample time for you to do what you want."

As he was speaking, two students walked over and were prepared to take Mingxi's table away.

She won't be able to get closer to Fu Yangxi's luck if she sits anywhere else. While there were other students in the International Class with faint light on them, they were all too weak and were almost no difference to zero. Furthermore, she heard that Jiang Xiuqiu who was No. 2 on the list wasn't here today because he's down with the flu.