Chapter 56

(Part 1)

It was still snowing outside.

Mingxi leaned the umbrella against the wall and pushed open the door of the VIP ward.

Fu Yangxi who was on the hospital bed was half leaning against the head of the bed. He was looking eagerly, waiting enthusiastically for her to come.

But as soon as the door was pushed open and she walked in, his face turned red instantly and his whole body stiffened. He quickly moved his eyes away.

Mingxi took off her coat, hung it by the door and walked over. Fu Yangxi's expression became more and more bashful and indignant. In the end, he arrogantly pulled the quilt up and buried his head in it. "Don't come here, Zhao Mingxi, you entered the wrong ward!"

Mingxi: "..."

"Young Master Fu, I'll take my leave first." Xiao Li who was next to him swept his eyes over the two of them and was able to figure something out.

He smiled and nodded to Mingxi. "You guys can have a chat first. Call me if there's anything."

Mingxi said, "Alright."

As soon as Xiao Li went out, the ward became quieter.

The windows were closed, the tidy ward was empty, Fu Yangxi's coat was left on the sofa and some untidy bandages were scattered around the bed. The air was filled with an embarrassing atmosphere that could make a person's face flush red.

Mingxi leaned over to pick up the bandage, threw it into the trash can and then glanced at his hanging left ankle. Before she came in, she spoke to the doctor. The doctor said there was no major problem except for a minor fracture. At this age, a boy's recovery ability was very strong, so he should be able to remove the plaster in less than 40 days. It's just that— maybe he was too careless.

Mingxi's eyes fell on the arched quilt again, knowing that she should not laugh at this time, otherwise it would be remembered by Fu Yangxi for a lifetime.

She tried to retain her expression as she sat down on the chair beside the bed and asked, "Where did you fall? Does it hurt? Are there any other places that are injured other than your broken left ankle?"

Fu Yangxi buried himself in the quilt and did not speak. Only one long leg covered with a plaster and a little tip of his ears were exposed.

The tips of his exposed ears were getting redder, like it was about to bleed.

He wouldn't come out even if he was suffocated by the quilt.

How embarrassing!

He has never been so embarrassed in his eight lifetimes!

Why did this happen?!

This was completely different to the cool tyrannical confession scene he imagined!

And she was laughing at him! He broke his leg and yet she was laughing at him!

She had just said she liked him, yet now she was laughing at him! Would she dislike him just because he did such a shameful thing?!

Fu Yangxi's face, which was buried in the quilt, had become a tomato. He suppressed the uneasy feeling in his heart, his whole person feeling a little unlovable.

Mingxi asked, "Hmm? Why don't you speak? Have they performed the x-rays?"

"They have." Fu Yangxi tried to save his pride, trying to make his voice a little magnetically low. It sounded like the voice of a very mature handsome man. "It's not my fault. The slippers were too slippery. I don't know who mopped the ground last night. Why couldn't they do it in the morning of the winter!"