Chapter 1.

Buck huffed, as he sat in his car, head resting onto the stirring wheel. He had just gotten in a massive fight with his Father, and that also came with a black eye. Sighing, he started his car up and pulled of.

He hated it here, and the only thing what got him going is the 118. It's no the people there, but the idea of helping and saving people is what keeps him going. He doesn't trust or even talk to the people, including the Captain, Bobby.

He only ever talks to them when out in the field, but only when needed to or spoken to. That is what he learned growing up.

As he pulled up outside of the firehouse, he took a deep breath. He had been working here for only a week.
____________________

"Buck's not here?" Chimney asked, walking up the stairs with Hen, Eddie and Bobby on the table eating some breakfast.

"Nope."

"But, he's always on time. Even if he doesn't talk to us." Hen answered.

"Why is that actually?" Eddie spoke up, "He seems held back and distant."

"What are you suggesting?" Bobby wonderd, when suddenly they heard footsteps, them all looking up to see Buck comeing up the last step.

"Morning Buck." Chimney said cheerfully.

Buck looked at him then to all of them. He had to answer or he would be punished.

"Morning." Buck answered quitely, before walking away from them and onto a seperate table far away. Eddie leaned forward.

"I guess I was just saying, is that we know nothing about where he came from, and who he lives with." Eddie whispered, causing Bobby to look up.

"He does have a point." Chimney said.

"Hey, Buck!" Bobby shouted, while standing up. Buck flinched at the volume, and stood up.

"Yes, Cap?" Buck asked, walking to the kitchen where Bobby had walked.

"Want some breakfast?" Bobby asked.

"I'm alright, thanks for the offer though, Cap." Buck said quickly. The idea of food made him want to be sick and his Father said to not have anything at all, even when offered.

Buck walked down the stairs, and went into his locker, sitting on a bench taking a deep breath when the alarm sounded. Buck stood up, grabbing his jacket ran to the firetruck and jumped in, the others following. Bobby driving, and Hen, Chimney and Eddie all in the back, with Buck.

"There's a Kid stuck pretty high up in some tree!" Bobby shouted through the mics, informing the others in the truck.

"Sure it isn't a cat." Buck mumbled softly.

"What was that?" Eddie asked, looking at him.

"Nothing." Buck answered, looking out of the window, while Eddie squinted his eyes when looking at Buck's neck, looking at Hen and Chimney who was staring at him. Eddie softly pointed to Buck where they also looked and saw a bruise barly covered on his neck, they then noticed the black eye.

"Hey, Buck." Hen asked softly, so Buck turned to look at her, "What happened to your neck? And, eye?"

Bobby looked at them in the rear view mirror to look at Buck.

"Nothing." Buck muttered, sweating slightly when they pulled up to some woods, they all jumped out.

"Alright, guess we just start walking." Hen said, grabbing the first aid kit and they all started trecking through the forest.

"Help!" Came a distant yell, before Buck started sprinting in that direction.

"Buck!" They all shouted and running after him. They all reached a clearing, just as Buck did, who had dropped whatever he was holding and jumped at the tree, climbing branch after branch when seeing the kid was up high.