Chapter 34

Maddie was panicking, when she jumped out of her car, over to where she saw Bobby and Eddie stood.

"He's up there." Bobby said, Maddie could see Buck, and how he was shaking ever so slightly, his hand was gripped onto a branch sticking out from the tree to his side.

"Can I talk to him?" Maddie asked, and just turned when seeing another car pull up.

"Bobby!" It was Athena, who walked over, "What's going on? This call should of been in and out."

"Somethings going on with Buck." Bobby said, while Athena looked upwards.

"He's gone into panic mode!" Maddie exclaimed, "Let me speak to him!"

Athena gave Maddie a mic, and turned it onto full volume.

"Hey, Buck, buddy." Maddie said softly, but Buck was paying no attention, "Hey my baby boy."

That seemed to get Buck's attention, when he stopped shaking and tensed up.

"Evan, I need you to take deep breaths for me." Maddie said, but Buck was still tense, "Look at me, baby boy."

Buck had slowly turned his head downwards.

"Take deep breaths, Bab." Maddie said, she saw Buck's breaths heaving, "Now, focus."

Buck slowly turned his head back to face the man, Bobby was showing a live video, to Maddie of what Buck was seeing.

"Now, Buck, you need to keep this Mans vitals steady." Maddie spoke loudly, to keep Buck's focus.

"Bleedings steady." Buck muttered.

"Now, Buck, you need to make sure that stick is tightly secure before transporting him." Hen spoke this time, "Make sure theres no room for it to move."

Buck slowly reached behind the main to the edge of the stick, causing the Man to scream in pain.

"Ignore the shouts, Buck!" Maddie shouted up.

Once Buck had the Man's vitals steady, Chimney slid the gurney over towards Buck, where he flipped the Man onto his back, so he was on the gurney, and slowly slid it back over to Chimney and Hen who attached it to the laddar.

Buck was the last one to get of, he was covered in blood, including all of his arms since he had giving the man his jacket to stop the bleeding.

Once the Man was in the ambulance, Maddie pulled Buck into a tight hug, Buck slowly slid down the tree, and sat down onto the ground, his back leaning on the tree.

Bobby, Athena, and Eddie ran over, Eddie kneeling beside him.

"You okay?" Eddie asked softly.

Buck only slowly nodded. He was shaking, causing Eddie to pull his jacket of and wrap it around Buck.

"You did good out there." Bobby said softly, and put a hand onto Buck's leg.

Buck looked upto him, then over to Maddie.

"You saved that Mans life, Buck." Maddie whispered, "Don't over think it."

"But-But I froze." Buck muttered, and all he could look at was the blood all up his arms.
____________________

Buck was drying his hair, before he stopped and stared at his reflection in the mirror.

All of the blood has gone, the hard bits to get of was on his arms and face, but he couldn't help thinking about that Man. That Man could of died, he proberly would of if Maddie hadn't of came to the rescue.

Buck took a deep breath, and exited the bathroom, he was at the fire house. Bobby told him to take the rest of the day of, but he had simply refused.

Once Buck had chucked his towel in the washing machine, he walked down stairs, ignoring the rest of the team, he hadn't even noticed they were there.