Chapter 18.

Eddie woke up, as soon as it hit 6. He stood up and walked out of the bunks, but not before glancing at the bunk above him, smiling at seeing Buck there, sleeping like a baby then he walked up to the kitchen area, seeing Bobby cooking, Hen, and Chimney playing with cars and Maddie helping Bobby.

"Where's Buck?" Maddie asked, when laying eyes onto Eddie.

"Sleeping." Eddie answered, sitting on the island, "Hey, Maddie? I've been meaning to ask you. Did Buck ever have trouble sleeping? With nightmares?"

"Hm." Maddie hummed, before sighing, "Yeah, I suppose. It took him forever to get to sleep, and he suffered from nightmares. They got so bad, that I had to take him to the doctors.

"You? When did this start? And, where was your parents?" Hen asked above of questions.

"Well, this started when he was around 3 actually. And, I had to take him to the doctors, including dealing with hia panic attacks, nightmares, him haveing a full blown break down, and I was the one who went to his ball games. That is one thing I can never forgive out parents for, they threw him to the side like a piece of trash, but he's more then that, he's my brother." Maddie raged.

"3? That's a young age to get all of these. Did anything happen before that to cause these nightmares?" Hen asked.

"Well, I guess our parents didn't pay him much attention. He always craved it, he just wanted to be noticed, so he purposly hurt himself." Maddie explained, without realising of what he was saying.

"Hurt himself? How?" Bobby cut in on the conversation now interested.

"Anyway he could. Throwing himself to the concrete floor, jumping from tall heights, mostly form trees, that's how he got so good at climbing, uhm, he sometimes crashed his bikes on purpose, and I guess he would always just hurt himself. It got so bad, I had to hide anything what could harm him." Maddie explained, shocking them all.

"But, then why is he still living with his parents?" Chimney asked.

"Because, he has no one else." Maddie said.

"I offered him a place to stay, so he could get out of there." Eddie spoke up.

"Well, he feels like a burden. And, anyway what brought up this conversation, Eddie?" Maddie asked, them all now looking at Eddie.

"I woke up last night, well this morning techneckly, but I found Buck in here, sitting at the table, just sitting there. He was in the dakr, only the lamp on and I managed to get him to bed, he said he was scared to go to sleep." Eddie explained.

"What time?" Maddie asked.

"Around 3. Why?" Eddie asked.

"Thank you." Maddie said, giving Eddie a smile causing him to get confused, "If you didn't get him to bed, he would of never went to sleep and stayed up all night. Because, knowing him he proberly already stayed up for a good few days."

Just then, they all heard footsteps, and then shut up and turned to loom behind them, seeing Buck just comeing up the last step, yawning while rubbing his eyes, the hood of his hoodie was up, covering his messy blond hair.

"Hey mate." Maddie spoke softly, while handing Buck some water, and made sure he sat down, "You okay?"

"Mhm." Buck hummed.

"No nightmares?" Maddie whispered, the otherr firefighters could barely hear her, but they all smiled slightly when Buck shook his head, then a phone started ringing loudly.

"Uhm, Buck's phone!" Chimney called out, holding the phone.

"Who is it?" Buck grumbled.

"Uhm, the caller id is. . ." Chimney looked at the phone, "A random number."