Chapter 2.

A/n: Time Skip to a few days later, the night of the party. Nothing has changed between them all.

~~~

Buck took a deep breath, while pulling on a clean black t-shirt and blue jeans, and exiting the house, makeing sure to avoid his Parents. Makeing sure his chain was on, he got into his car and drove of, following the address.

Parking up the streat, Buck walked the rest of the way stopping at the front door, he hestitated but knocked anyway. Bobby was the one who answered the door.

"Buck, hey. I wasn't sure you would come. Everybody's here, come on!" Bobby said, pulling Buck in and shutting the door, while leading Buck over to where Chimney, and Eddie stood, with another guy.

"Hey Buck." Eddie and Chimney said.

"Michael, this is Buck one of our newest recruits, Buck this is Michael." Bobby introduced the two.

"Nice to meet you." Michael said, holding out a hand to shake Buck's hand, but he just hesitated slightly but shook it anyway.

"You to." Buck said, looking behind them when another women walked over, laughing with Hen following, the Women kissing Bobby on the cheek.

"Oh, hey Buck!" Hen shouted over the music.

"Buck, this is Athena, my Wife. Athena, this is Buck." Bobby introcued the two.

"Oh, so you must be the famous Buck I heard so much about." Athena said, smiling at Buck before putting a hand onto his shoulder, "I've heard you are a great firefighter. Welcome to the family!"

Buck seemed shocked, looking down as he let that sink in. 'Welcome to the family!'

They considered him family.

"Buck, you alright there?" Athena asked.

"Yeah, uhm. Nice to meet you Athena." Buck said, pulling away from her, standing beside Eddie when he had moved backwards, "Uhm, I'll-I'll be back."

Buck walked away, through the crowds standing in a hallway, away from everybody. He just needed a break. He sighed in relief, before his eyes went to a door, what was open abit and a young boys face was there.

"Hey Kid." Buck said softly, while the Kid walked out and over to Buck.

"You seem stressed? Mom said to always help people out." The Kid said.

"I'm good, but thanks Bud. What's your name?" Buck asked, moving to crouch down infront of him.

"I'm Harry!" Harry introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you, Harry. My names Evan, although I go by Buck." Buck said.

"Same goes to you, Buck." Harry said.

"What are you doing back here anyway?" Buck asked.

"The crowd got a little to much so I came back here to complete my homework but I got abit stuck." Harry said, "Wait here."

Harry ran into his room and came back out with a book and pen, sitting down beside Buck, so Buck sat down beside him and looked down at the page when Harry looked at him.

"Hm. Math, huh?" Buck said, before holding a hand out for the pen what Harry gave him. Buck started writing some workings out and then put the pen down, and pointed to certain parts explaining how he got it and went over whatever Harry didn't understand.

~~~

"Where's Harry?" Athena spoke up.

"I don't know, but I can't seem to find Buck as well." Bobby said, while they both rushed past the hallway, Bobby stopping and looking, grabbing Athena's arm, "Athena, look."

She looked and saw Buck and Harry sat on the floor, Buck talking about Math before they both laughed and after a few more minutes, Hen, Michael, Eddie, and Chimney had also gathered around and watched.

"You get it now?" Buck asked softly.

"I think I do." Harry said, kneeling while closing his book and turning to face Buck, "Thanks Evan."

"Just call me Buck." Buck said, smiling.

"Buck, you looked abit anxious when I saw you? My Mom taught me to read peoples facial expressions."

"Well, your Mom is a very smart Women then." Buck said, smiling, "But, I'm alright. Just don't do that well in huge crowds, but I'll live. But, shouldn't you be getting into bed, it's getting late."

"I would, but I don't know where my Mom or Dad is, so~" Harry said, smirking at Buck, "Would you tuck me in?"

"You sure, Kid?" Buck asked, "You just met me."

"Well, I always trust everybody!" Harry said.

"Well, Harry. You've got to learn to not trust everybody you come across, because sometimes they can just stab you in the back." Buck said, standing up, "But, come on. I'll get you into bed."

Buck followed Harry into his room, so Michael, Athena, Bobby, Eddie, Hen, and Chimney all peaked through the gap in the room, watching as Buck stood beside Harry who was crawling into bed.

"I've never seen you before." Harry spoke up after a few minutes.

"Well, I just started working for Bobby. He's my Cap." Buck said.

"Well, that's good. Two heros together." Harry said, causing Buck to chuckle, "He told me about that time you jumped into a tree without thinking just to save a Kid!"

"Well, I learn by doing. So, if you want something done you always do it yourself. Goodnight, Kid." Buck said, pulling the blankit to cover Harry then moved towards the door, them all racing back into the party room.

"He's good with kids." Athena said softly, "He could actually babysit sometime. He seems like a good Kid."

"We know nothing about him though." Bobby spoke up, "He's closed of and distant."

"Well, he just might need to settle in." Athena spoke up, just while Buck walked on over.

"Uh, I'm sorry Athena, but I just tucked Harry into bed." Buck apoligised.

"Why are you aploigising Kid? You did us a favour. He's never gone to bed without a fight." Athena said, laughing, "How'd you do it?"

"I-I don't know." Buck stuttered, "But, uhm, great party and all, but I've gotta run."

"You sure? Just stay abit longer." Eddie begged, "These guys never get drunk with me."

"I don't really drink though,"

"I don't care, just stay. Come on. You deserve a break." Eddie begged again, while Buck just huffed.

"5 more minutes." Buck put his jacket back down and just sat there, sipping at a beer.