Chapter 13.

Buck sighed, while gripping his fist in his hand, when sitting in the firetruck. They were just on there way back from there 5th call that day, it was also 4 in the afternoon.

"Hey, you alright?" Eddie asked, nudging Buck's leg, but he just nodded, "Hey, what's that?"

Buck jumped out of the firetruck when it pulled back into the firehouse, ignoring Eddie's questioned, Chimney, Hen, and Bobby all going upstairs.

"Hey! Buck!" Eddie shouted, running after him. He grabbed his arm and turned him around when they were in the locker room, Eddie looked closely at Buck's neck, and pulled his shirt down to reaveal his neck, but Buck quickly pulled away but not before Eddie got a glipse.

"Buck, did somebody choke you?" Eddie asked in disbelief, when seeing a red mark just on his neck, what looked like an imprint of a hand.

"What? No, of course not." Buck mumbled, turning around.

"Hey, your hand. Did you do that this morning?" Eddie asked, also catching sight of Buck's hand, what had cuts on it.

"Yesh, but they aren't that deep." Buck said, putting his jacket in his locker then walked out of the room, and then up stairs leaving Eddie there to just think about wat had happened to his friend.

"Hey Cap, I'm gonna head out." Buck spoke up, once up the stairs since his shift was finished 10 minutes ago, but he just stuck around.

"Yeah, okay. See you tommorow, and on time!" Bobby said, while Buck gave a weak chuckle and nod, walking past Eddie and down the stairs.

Buck sighed, when he got into his car and drove of quickly. His Sister kept on plauging his mind, and he was going crazy because of it. Why after 17 years does he miss her so much?

Buck drove down the streat, raising an eyebrow when seeing a 'for sale' sign outside of a house, so he slowed down and pulled up outside of the house. Buck reached down on the passenger side for his bag and grabbed the booklet out of it, showing houses for sale.

He flipped through them, then landed on the correct page, what showed the house what he was sta outside. He read through it, just skimming. It was only £750, but why so cheap?

Buck looked down, and then threw the book back on the passenger seat and drove of again. What would it be like? To have his own place all to himself?

Buck grabbed the book once outside of his parents house again, and flipped through it, smiling slightly when comeing upto an apartment building. It was just 10 minutes away from his work and from his parents place.

He showed the book into his bag and walked into his house, ignoring his Dad and Mom makeing out int he kitchen, he shut his bedroom door and locked it, before grabbing his savings to count how much money he had.

£400, he needed way more if he wanted to afford his own place.
____________________

Buck woke up the next day, and quickly started pulling on some black trousers with his work t-shirt, and raced out of the house and into his car. He sped of quickly, and came up outside of the firehouse 10 minutes later.

Buck grabbed his bag and raced inside, shoving his bag down in his locker and then walked up the stairs.

"Hey Buck." Hen said.

"Hey Hen." Buck said, grabbing a bottle of water, he sipped at it.

"You buying your own place?" Chimney asked, walking over and putting a book full of houses for sale on the side infront of Buck, "You just dropped it."

"Oh." Buck mumbled, "Yeah, I just figured I can't really live with my parents forever. I need my own space, you know."

"I hear ya." Chimney said, "But, sometimes too much space can get overwelming."

"You live alone?" Buck questioned, while Chimney nodded, "Yeah."

"You sound as if you do live alone." Eddie said.

"Well, my parents are rarely home so, yeah. It's kinda rare I see them anyway." Buck lied, although he wasn't lying about everything.

Buck huffed, when the alarm sounded, them all racing to the firetruck.

"Alright, so we have a fire." Bobby announced when they arrived at the scene, then all jumping out of the firetruck, "Eddie, Buck, get your fire proofs on."

Buck and Eddie did just that, before they all heard a scream. Buck's eyes widened, since he was the first to have everything on, and ran into the building, right through the flames.

"Buck!" Pretty much everybody screamed, but Buck didn't care. He coughed and coughed, not grabbing a mask was his worse mistake.

"Hello!" Buck shouted, when he heard coughing so he ran into a room, it was a bedroom and saw two kids, one male, the other female huddled in the corner. Buck quickly kneeled beside them, "Is anybody else in the building?"

"No-no." The Female stuttered, between coughs. Buck quickly grabbed a cloth and held it onto the girls mouth and then grabbed another to hold on the boys mouth.

"Keep it there. And, hold on tight." Buck ordered, picking the two kids up to hold them in each of there arms and started running around the flames, before stopping to look around, coughing like mad.

"I-I see the. . . exit." The boy said, coughing. Buck quickly shielded the two Kids with his body and ran through the flames right through the door, sighing in relief when the nice cool breeze brushed past him.

Two paremedics ran upto him to grab the two Kids, and then another rested a hand onto his shoulder.

"Sir, let's get you checked out." The Guy said, Buck coughing while shaking his head, "Sir, you've inhaled alot of smoke."

"I'm--" Buck stopped himself, before going into a coughing fit.

"I need an oxgen mask over here!" The Guy shouted, while another female ran over with the machine. They both lead Buck over to sit down on the ground, desbit his disagreements. Buck took slow steady breaths before shoving the machine away, he felt extremely tired and dizzy.

The Guy quickly stood up when Chimney, Hen, Bobby, and Eddie ran over.

"Buck, you--!"

"I don't care Cap." Buck spoke up, before standing up, cutting Bobby of, when Athena walked over. Stopping to cough, "I-I had to save those two Kids. I found a way around."

"You mean, you went through it." Eddie said, rolling his eyes.

"Sir, you need to--!" The Paremedic started, but Buck only shook his head, turning his head to cough.

"N-no." Buck muttered.

"Here, Buck, sit down." Chimney said, pushing Buck to sit at the back of the firetruck and got his small light out to shine into Buck's eyes, "Alright, pupils look good, so no damage done to the line of sight, but you inhaled alot of smoke."

"I'm fine." Buck said, his voice all rough, so Chimney handed him a bottle of water what he drank slowly.

~~~

After an hour, Buck was walking through the park. Bobby insisted, well more demanded for him to have the rest of the week of, to 'recover' but even if Buck denied that he was hurt, Bobby just wouldn't listen, so he came to the park.

Buck sighed, when he sat down on one of the benches.

"B-Buck. . ?" Buck froze, but slowly looked up and what he saw. . . he was confused, and shocked.

There stood a female, in her 30s, brunnete hair, a white t-shirt, and blue jeans, and doe eyes. Buck slowly stood up.

"Maddie. . ?"