Chapter 12.

After a few more hours, Eddie had put Chris to bed after he showed Buck his room and played some video games and played with some legos. But, Eddie sat down beside Buck on the couch.

"Hey." Eddie spoke up, "You alright?"

"Yeah." Buck mumbled, looking at the light tv screen what was playing something random.

Eddie stood up and walked into the kitchen, comeing back in moments later, holding a beer towards Buck what he took and sipped at, Eddie doing the same when he sat back down.

"Hey, Eddie?" Buck spoke up after a few minutes of him fiddleing with his hands, "I just wanted to say. . . thanks. Kinda."

"Thanks? For what?" Eddie asked.

"For actually trusting me. I know I'm not exactly the best person to work with, but you taught me that I can trust people and even offered me a place to stay if I ever wanna get out of my Parents place. So, thanks." Buck said, while Eddie gave him a smile.

"No problem, Man. What are friends for." Eddie said, before turning the game on so they could watch it.
____________________

The next day, Buck woke up for somebody nudging him. Yawning, he looked up to see Chris stood there.

"Hi Bucky!" Chris cheered, so Buck swung his legs over the couch, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey Bud. Wheres your Dad?" Buck asked, while Chris only shrugged, "Want some breakfast?"

"Pancakes!" Chris shouted, running into the kitchen, so Buck chuckled and stood up, looking at the time to see it to be 6 so he had plenty of time.

Buck got all of the ingrediants out and a bowl, turning the oven on he started stirring somethings to create the batter, and then picked Chris up to put him on the side, the one away from the oven though, of course.

Once the batter was done, and the 1st batch.

"What's going on in here?" Eddie walked out of his room and into the kitchen.

"Pancakes!" Chris shouted, causing Buck to chuckle when he put a plate infront of the young boy, Buck then giving a plate to Eddie.

"Hope you don't mind." Buck said.

"Did you wake Bucky up?" Eddie asked, tickling Chris causing him to laugh. Eddie chuckled and moved to lean on the side beside Buck, who started cleaning up, "Hey, you don't have to do that. I can do it later."

Buck shook his head and carried on cleaning. Chris after he finished eating walked up stairs to get ready for the day, while Buck reached for a glass, knocking a cup onto the floor, causing it to shatter, he started shaking.

"Buck?" Eddie questioned, but Buck only spun round and backed up, and Eddie looked into his eyes and saw genuine fear, "Hey, it's okay."

"No-- I'm sorry-I'm so sorry." Buck stuttered, before grabbing his jacket and pratically running out of the house. Eddie only looked down at the dish in confusion before cleaning it up.
____________________

Eddie walked into work 20 minutes later, and straight up stairs.

"Where's Buck?" Was Eddie's first question.

"Well, good morning to you to, Diaz." Chimney said, while Eddie only ignored him and looked around.

"He's not here?"

"Calm down, Eddie. He's normally a little late, what's the big deal?" Hen asked, while Eddie only sat down.

"You-You don't understand. We went to the park yesturday, with Chris and he came back with me since it was getting late and stayed the night. When I woke up he was in the kitchen makeing pancakes with Chris, and. . . then he just broke a dish. He panicked and aploigised before running out." Eddie explained.

"Well, maybe he just thought you were mad at him." Bobby suggested.

"No, Cap, you don't get it! What I saw was genuine fear. Why would he fear me?" Eddie asked.

"Well, he is like 10 minutes late." Chimney said.

"And, he doesn't have his car." Hen spoke up.

"How you know that?" Chimney asked.

"I was in town with the girls, and saw him there so we chatted, then Eddie called." Hen explained in a short explanation.

~~~

Buck sighed, when he arrived an hour late to work. His neck was soar, his head hurt, and he was covered with bruises, and I bet you can figure out where he got them. His Father.

His Father had held him by his neck, threw him backwards into the wall, banging his head, and kicked, punched, and hit him. Buck tug at the color of his shirt, to make sure it covered the red mark on his neck.

"Buck." Buck sighed, when he saw Bobby stood by the stairs, at the bottom.

"Uhm, hey. . . Cap." Buck mumbled, wlaking over to him, "Look, I-I'm sorry I'm late. I honestly didn't mean to, I just got held up back at home. It won't happen again."

Bobby was about to scould him, but caught sight of the small red mark on his neck, before he quickly stopped looking.

"Yeah, it better not." Bobby answered with, before walking away. Buck gave a sigh of relief, and moved away from the stairs, and sat down on the bench in the gym, before lying down on the weights.

He started of with 50, and took a deep breath when placing his hand on the bar, he lifted it up and started bringing it close to his chest before putting it back on the hold, sighing he leaned up on his elbow.

"Hey." Buck quickly shot up, to look behind him.

"Diaz." Buck gulped slightly, before standing up.

"Hey, uhm, so you wanna tell me what happened ealier?" Eddie asked, when Buck had backed away from him.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, and-and I guess. . . I just panicked?" Buck mumbled.

Eddie sighed, and placed a hand onto Buck's shoulder, who flinched hard.

"I'll never hurt you, you know? You're my best friend." Eddie said, smiling softly at Buck who slowly nodded.

"Thanks." Buck said softly, before standing back up from where he was sitting on the bench, "I'm gonna go change."

Buck walked into the locker room, while Eddie walked up the stairs raising an eyebrow at seeing Athena.

"Athena? I didn't see you come in?" Eddie wondered out loud, sitting on the island beside Chimney, Hen, and Bobby being stood behind the island.

"I tried to not let Buck see me." Athena whispered, causing them all to become confused, "I have looked on the camreas what's around the area recently."

Athena took a deep breath before pulling some papers out of his bag and scattered them around the table, so they all glanced down at these.

"Athena, what are these?" Bobby asked.

"Sightings." Athena said.

"Buck's Sister." Hen pieced all of these together.

"What? How can you be so sure?" Chimney asked, them all looking closely.

"It's matching the discription of Maddie, and also I found this when I pulled up her record." Athena said, pulling out a picture what showed a small boy and a teenage girl, "That is Maddie and Buck. Apparently there are no pictures of them on there own, only together."

Eddie placed the picture beside the sighting and looked closely.

"Why is she here? I thought she hasn't contacted Buck." Bobby asked.

"Well, it showes her around down town, but she keeps on getting closer." Athena explained.

"She's looking for him." Eddie said.

"By the looks of it." Athena said.

"So, what are you going to tell Buck?" Chimney asked.

"Don't know. The truth?" Athena said, "But, not yet. I need more proof."

"More proof? Athena, I think theres enough proof." Eddie said.

"But, I don't wanna get Buck's hopes up if I tell him, just incase it isn't her." Athena said, gathering the pictures up to put back into her purse, "But, I'm doing more digging."