Chapter 23.

After another hour or so, Buck, Chimney, Maddie, Eddie, and Hen was all walking towards the school, all of Maddie's bags being in the trunk of Buck's car.

Buck looked around, casting glanced at all of the children with there parents and friends, laughing joyfully. Something he had never done before. He was always an out cast, to people outside and inside his house.

Buck turned, when he felt somebody hand on his arm. He flinched slightly, but slightly relaxed when he only saw Maddie. They were stood outside of the gate, Eddie haveing gone into the school to fetch Chris.

"You okay, Buck?" Maddie asked softly, Chimney and Hen was looking at him but Buck only nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

"Buck!" Buck turned, where he saw Chris trying his best and trying to be fast to get to Buck, Buck smiled softly and crouched down, when Chris reached him.

"Hey Buddy." Buck said softly, pulling him into a hug, Eddie standing behind him, smiling at him, "You have a fun day at school?"

"Yeah! I drew a picture!" Chris said, grabbing his school bag off of Eddie, putting it on the floor and digging into it, pulling out a piece of paper what he shoved into Buck's hands, and stood at his side, Buck's arm being around Chris waist, so the young boy was leaning on him.

"This is me, Dad, and that is you." Chris said, pointing to each person when saying who they were.

"Wow, this is amazing Bud. Thank you." Buck said softly, placing a kiss onto Chris head, before standing up.

"Come on Chris, how about we go to the park?" Eddie asked, and Chris already started running in that direction.

"You're good with Kids, Buck." Hen said softly, and Buck only nodded with a deep sigh.

Maddie only looked sadly at her brother.

"So, Maddie, when you starting work up?" Chimney finally asked.

"Glad you asked, actually. Buck, I want to talk to you." Maddie said, grinning and Buck was confused but slowly nodded.

"Alright? What about?" Buck asked, they now was sitting on a park wooden bench, Chimney, Hen, and Eddie fitting on the other side, Chris already running of to play onto the park.

Buck glancing at him now and again, to make sure he was okay but finally became slightly concerned when Maddie didn't say anything, but that grin had slowly went off of her face.

"Maddie, what-what's wrong?" Buck stuttered, and Maddie sighed.

"It's time we have dinner. With Mom and Dad. I need to tell them about my new job, about living in the area, about wanting to become a big sister again." Maddie said, smiling while putting a hand onto Buck's shoulder.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Buck asked, and Maddie only nodded.

"Buck! Come push me!" Chris shouted over to him, and Buck stood up, walking over to thw swings and picked Chris up to put onto the swing, before he started to push him slightly, carefully.
____________________

After a few more days, (Sorry, for the sudden time skip) Buck was sat at the dining table in his house, parents opposite him, with Maddie sat his sides.

"Maddie, we're so glad to have you back. Would you like your old room back?" There Mother asked, and Buck only looked down. He always found Maddie to be the favourite, and he hated it.

"Uh, no thanks Mom. I've actually been staying at an apartment now to far away, and I like it there. But, I actually have a job." Maddie said, causing there Mom to gasp.