Chapter 1.5-Jin

I came into the kitchen late that night to start the rice for the next day, and that was when I first saw Yoona up close. Even in the dim light I could see she was gorgeous. But as soon as I cleared my throat to let her know I was there, she nearly jumped out of her skin.

"I'm sorry if I frightened you. I'm Jin, it's nice to meet you."

Now normally you would have expected someone to say hello back, or at least nod to acknowledge you. But Yoona just slammed the refrigerator door shut and took off running.

"Yoona, hey Yoona! Come back! You must be hungry, let me make you something to eat!" But my calls seemed to have the opposite effect of what I intended. Yoona seemed to pick up speed as she ran toward the guest bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her.

I was starting to get worried about our final soulmate. She really needed to eat something so I wasn't going to give up so easily. I followed her to her room and knocked on the door. "Yoona, we need to talk. You need to open the door please."

The door started to crack open and I could see Yoona's eyes peeking out at me. "Yoona, let me in, I think it is time that we meet each other."

Yoona opened the door but quickly scurried away to the other side of the room.

Now that I was in the room I wasn't quite sure where to start. I was the oldest so I had been there when every soulmate was identified and met us. Needless to say, none of the other first meetings were anything like this. Everyone was so happy to find each other that meetings were filled with hugs, laughter, and the desire to know everything about each other.

"Yoona, I'm Jin. I'm the oldest soulmate in our group and I want to make sure you understand how glad we are that we found you."

"Oh, uh, ok, I'm Yoona. It's a pleasure to meet you." Yoona quickly bowed to me but kept her distance on the other side of the room.

"Do you think we could sit down and get to know each other a bit?"

"Um, ok, uh, sure." Yoona sat down on the far side of the bed, making sure that she stayed safely out of reach.

"Ok then, why don't I go first? So like I mentioned I'm Jin and I'm the oldest. I know you met Namjoon and Jiminie. We also have four other soulmates, Yoongi, Hobi, Taehyung-ah, and Jungkookie. Jungkookie joined us last about five years ago, and we've been waiting for you since then."

I could see Yoona was confused but she wasn't talking. "Is there something you want to ask about that?"

"What do you mean you were waiting for me? I already have a soulmate Hyunjin. And you can only have one soulmate."

"Yoona, beautiful, I think you may have some misunderstanding about soulmates. You can have several, and I really don't think that other guy was your soulmate. Did he have an identical soulmark on his wrist?"

"Well, it was basically the same, but it wasn't on his wrist. It was on his lower back."

"Yeah, Yoona, that isn't how it is supposed to work. You will see all seven of ours in the exact same placement as yours. See, you can see mine is on my wrist too." I rolled up my shirtsleeve so she could see our matching marks.

"Oh" was all Yoona said in response.

"Yoona, can you tell me how you learned about soulmates?"

"Well, from my tutors and Hyunjin's family. They taught me everything."

"Did you go to a regular school or watch tv?"

"No, my tutors came to me. Hyunjin and I are the same age so we did all of our education with the tutors together. And I never watched television. I had a lot of studying to do and when I wasn't studying I was with Hyunjin."

"Ok, can I ask one more question?" Yoona nodded at me in agreement. "How do you know Hyunjin? Are you related?"

"Oh no, our parents are friends."

"What happened to your parents, did they pass away?"

"No, they are both still alive but working abroad to earn more money. Hyunjin's family offered to take me in as a favor to my parents while they are out of the country."

I tried to smile as gently as possible, but inside I could feel myself seething a bit. I didn't know who this Hyunjin guy was but I already hated him. But what didn't make any sense was why his family would have treated Yoona like their own daughter but misled her about soulmates. That didn't really make any sense. But I wanted to leave things on a bit more of a positive note.

"Thanks for talking with me Yoona. I would like to bring you something to eat, you must be hungry. And I know the others hope you will join us for meals please?"

"Oh no, please don't bother making me anything. I'll be fine. And I'm used to eating separately so I don't want to disturb your meals. I'm sorry if I was in your way in the kitchen. I promise I'll stay out of the kitchen in the future."

"No Yoona, our house and everything in it is yours now too. You can ask for or just take anything ok? Speaking of which, I see you don't have a change of clothes. Let me ask one of the guys if they have something you can wear that might be more comfortable for bed, ok?"

Yoona politely nodded but didn't make eye contact.

"Ok then, I'll be back in just a few minutes with some clothes and something to eat. You just sit tight until then."

After I'd gone downstairs and gotten Yoona some dinner I stopped by Jimin's room to grab some extra clothes. Dropping everything off with her I quietly closed the door and headed into Jungkook's room. Taking off my shirt I slid in next to him, pulling his resting body into my arms.

"Hey hyung," his sleepy voice responded. "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah Jungkookie. It is now that I'm here. Can I stay for the night?"

"Sure hyung, I like having you here. Sleep well, I love you." With that Jungkook rested his face back to the pillow and quickly drifted off to sleep.

"Thanks baby boy, I love you too" I whisper back. With a kiss to the back of his neck and my arms wrapped tight around his frame I also allowed myself to relax, wondering what tomorrow might bring.