Chapter 3.14-Jimin

Yoona's birthday celebration was very special and being together in the bond was wonderful. Seeing her walk again was also an amazing surprise but if I felt around I could sense a bit of disappointment or fear in the bond, mostly from Jin and Jungkook. If I was honest, I felt the same way.

Yoona's inability to care for herself forced her to depend on us and grow close to us. While it was terrible that she had come to us in such awful condition, there was a silver lining as we grew together. I remembered the first time she was with us she largely hid away from us. After getting to spend so much time together it would be terrible to lose her again as she became more independent, especially in our own home.

As the evening reached its end we gave Yoona a small pile of presents. She hadn't left the house since we'd brought her home so we got her things she could enjoy as she became stronger. Her gifts included a comfortable new yoga mat, a sketch pad for drawing, a small pile of comic books, and lots of cozy pajamas and sweatpants, tshirts, and sweatshirts.

As Yoona became more tired we each began to break away, wanting to allow her to go to bed and get some much needed sleep. It was heartbreaking watching Jin give Yoona a kiss goodnight and then leave her with Jungkook, knowing he no longer needed to help her with her personal needs now that she was becoming stronger and could walk. It reminded me why I had closed the bond in the first place, not able to handle the sadness and disappointment that was overwhelming to me.

Jin hadn't made it from the room when Kookie called him back. Yoona's eyes were filled with tears and she was reaching for Jin, clearly not ready to say goodbye without their normal time together. Jin rushed back and grabbed him from Kookie holding her as tight as he could and whispering unheard words of assurance. Eventually she calmed again and he carried her out of the room to continue with their normal pattern of Jin helping her bathe and get into cozy pajamas for the evening.

"I know what you're thinking," I said to Kookie. "I'm worried about the same thing. Will she still snuggle and watch shows with me when she can be more independent? I felt like I hardly got to know her the first time she was here, I'm not ready to go back to that place where she spends all her time alone hiding from us."

Kookie nodded but looked resolute. "I'm not going to let that happen Hyung. Trust me, this time it will be different, I'm going to make sure of it."

———————-

The next morning we had a full complement of managers and the company doctors at the apartment to discuss how we could better help Yoona in her recovery. Yoona was still terribly frightened of anyone outside our soul group so Jin had carried her into the living room fully covered with a blanket so nobody could see her and she couldn't see the others around her. This was the only option we'd discovered that seemed to work that allowed us all to participate in the dialogue. I could periodically see Jin peeking under the blanket to check on Yoona, and I could see several soulmates nearly vibrating with jealousy, wanting to have Yoona in their arms instead.

The company doctor began by listing the specialists she thought were most appropriate for Yoona's recovery. A doctor to check on her hearing and overall health, a speech therapist, an occupational therapist, a physical therapist, sign language tutor, and a therapist to help her recover from her trauma.

We agreed to split the specialists up, with one person in charge of each area while Namjoon would continue to work on any legal elements, including attempting to figure out how her parents were involved and to look for the children to see if we could get them back. Namjoon would also watch over her overall care and deconflict if necessary.

It was going to be a lot of work and we didn't want to overwhelm Yoona with multiple doctors appointments every day so we decided we'd create a shared calendar just for her care. We'd start with the most pressing issues, a therapist to help her begin to recover from her PTSD along with a physical therapist. Then we'd add in other specialists as we went along.

I was put in charge of her speech therapy which I was excited about. If Yoona began speaking again it would transform everything. Communication would be so much easier.

We decided that for each specialist we would start with just the soulmate meeting with the specialist without Yoona. We would ask the doctors for ideas on how to get started on our own to remove any additional stress for Yoona. And for those specialists she would begin to work with sooner, we'd try to do the first few meetings online so Yoona would be so overwhelmed being in the same room as a stranger. Overall we left the meeting feeling confident about our plan and hopeful for the future.

On the way out of the room Namjoon grabbed me. "Hey Chim, can we talk for a little bit? I just want to see how you are doing?"

I nodded and followed Namjoon to his room where he softly clicked the door shut behind us. It had been so long since I'd been in this room, I loved how it smelled like Joon and immediately began to relax.

"I know we haven't talked about it specifically, but it is nice having you here again. I hope you are considering moving back in permanently. I think all of us, especially Yoona, would be glad to see that happen."

"I know in some respects everything that happened was hardest on you but I want to assure you, I think if you return to the bond you might be surprised. It really has become a pretty peaceful and happy place. I know I've missed you there."

Namjoon...missed me?

"If you are willing to try I'd be happy to hold your hand. That way we can try together. What do you think?"

I think I wanted to hold his hand. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed my soulmate's touch until we all fully opened our bond to Yoona. Namjoon grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers and I hoped he would never let me go.

"Come here puppy." Namjoon instructed me, patting his lap and inviting me to snuggle up in his embrace. I blushed at the nickname but gladly made my way closer, happy to enjoy this special invitation.

I quickly felt him bumping against me in the bond inviting me to intertwine our emotions. We could feel the buzz of others around us. I could mostly feel Namjoon, a factor of our direct touch, but as I took time to explore the bond I found everyone else there too. Namjoon was right, it was calm and peaceful. More so than I'd experienced in a long time, and it bathed me in a warm glow.

I was quickly drawn back to Namjoon whose emotions were radiating as a soft place where I could rest and be fully protected. This was Namjoon's leader side. He was always our safe haven, watching over all of us and ensuring we were well, just like he was right now.

Eventually he shifted me on his lap so I was straddling his thick, strong thighs. He began rubbing his hands on my hips and waist, eventually exploring to caress my backside.

"You've always had the most beautiful body pup" he whispered to me before engaging me in a soft but slow kiss. "And you still do. It's been a distraction to me since you've come back to the house. I'd be lying if I pretended that I wasn't interested in seeing more of it. Will you let me admire it further?"

Namjoon always knew how to flirt, but it had been so long since I'd done anything like this I felt awkward. To cover my blush I quickly leaned forward and re-engaged his lips, scooting forward so he could be assured of my arousal and interest, inviting him to continue on.

It was marvelous, fully reconnecting again. I wasn't sure what everyone else was thinking but I knew at that point that I was all in on making this work. I wanted to re-engage with each of my soulmates independently but also as a full group. It had to work this time. It just had to.