Chapter 2.3-Hoseok

Six months after Yoona left

Every day I thought about Yoona and how she must be having the baby right about now. I constantly felt for her in the bond but it seems she had found a way to largely disconnect, just like the rest of us. I was happy for her that she had found her own peace from our bond, but what I wouldn't give just to know what was happening with her and where she was at.

When Yoona left the dream of being a father left too. I had spent so many years coming to terms with the fact that we wouldn't have children. It was a heartbreaking reality for me but with the guys' support I eventually found some peace. But that healing was ripped open when Yoona came and then I discovered she was pregnant. When Yoona left again I realized then that I could never truly be happy without kids. And if that meant leaving my soul group that is what I would have to do.

Leaving your soul group was almost unheard of. After all, the universe made you perfect for each other. But in this case the key piece that made our group perfect was gone. I felt like her departure was a sign that I could leave too. Maybe the universe wasn't right, maybe each of us should find our own perfect situation.

So I sought out new relationships with groups that had lost their soulmates and found each other. While it wasn't exactly the same, I had also lost a soulmate. I clung to my new friendships and relationships as we mourned together what would never be with our own soulmates, hoping we could find that in each other instead.