Chapter 3.1-Jungkook

We were on our way back to the dorms from our regular quarterly meeting with the company. The one where they put out feelers to see if we might resolve our differences and reconvene as a band. These meetings always felt a bit bittersweet. It was one of the few times we were all together anymore, but soon enough they ended and everyone went their separate way again. As usual it was just Jin Hyung, Namjoon Hyung, and Taehyungie Hyung returning to the apartment with me.

We heard Namjoons phone ding with a text, followed by a huge gasp. A quick glance confirmed that whatever text Namjoon had just received had him in shock.

"What is it Hyung? What's wrong?"

Namjoon just handed me his phone and I could see the text from an unknown number "we're done with Yoona, she's on your front step."

Was this some type of crazy prank? Did some sasaeng get Joon's number and think this was funny?

But as we were pulling up we could see this was no joke. A small body lay slumped on our front steps, absolutely soaked by the freezing cold pouring rain.

I leapt out of the car, not even waiting for it to come to a full stop. Sprinting over I collapsed onto my knees next to the shivering form. "Hey baby girl, come here" I gently said as I wrapped my arm around her upper body, shifting her off the ground. Her head lolled onto my shoulder, her body like a dead weight in my arms. "Hyung! Open the door, we need to get her inside!"

I cradled her in my arms, not even stopping at the front door to take off my shoes, tracking wet footprints through the house to my bedroom. As gently as possible I laid her on the covers, careful to ensure I supported her head I laid her back.

"You're home now. I've got you, everything is going to be ok." I spoke quietly as I continued to give her a quick once over, seeing if there were any immediate and serious injuries. Taehyung and Jin had followed me into my room and were also crowding around the bed, while I could hear Namjoon in the hallway calling the company doctors.

"We need to get her out of these wet clothes and warmed up, I've never seen someone shivering so badly." Jin instructed from where he stood across the bed from me.

Working together the three of us carefully began to remove her outer layers of clothing, carefully supporting her to keep her upright. As her clothing was removed each touch of my hand to her skin offered the tiniest pulses of emotion. Nothing like what I experienced when Taehyung or Jin brushed my hands, which offered jolts full of anxiety and worry.

As we needed to remove her last few items of clothing, each of us began to look away as much as possible, trying to protect Yoona's dignity even as we moved all of her clothing. I grabbed warm dry sweatpants and a long sleeved t-shirt and hoodie from my drawers, hoping they would help start to warm my shaking girl.

As soon as she was fully redressed I picked her back up off the bed, wanting to strip off the now wet blankets and tuck her under more comfortable warm material. With a nod, Taehyungie Hyung clearly understood my intention and started to pull the top layer off. Then quickly turning the other way he started down the hall shouting "I'll be right back with more blankets" as he ran.

Jin made his way into my attached bathroom and grabbed a towel, inclining his head toward Yoona. "We should try to dry her hair a bit" which I nodded in agreement. Jin came closer and began to rub the towel through her wet locks as I continued to hold her close with her ice cold check pressed tight against my neck, gently swaying and whispering sweet words. "Yoona baby girl, you're safe now. We're going to get you all warmed up ok? Just relax, we're here with you. We're just getting a few more blankets and then we'll wrap you up under some cozy covers."

By now Namjoon had also come into the room. "I texted the other guys and they are on their way. And the company doctor should be here in about 10 minutes". Taehyung bustled in immediately behind Namjoon carrying a huge pile of blankets that he'd clearly collected from several beds.

"Baby girl, I'm going to lay you down now and get you covered with blankets. We really need to get you warmed up." As gently as possible I laid Yoona down on the mattress and immediately began to pile blankets on top of her. As soon as Taehyung and I covered Yoona with the huge pile of gathered blankets I quickly crawled in under the warmth and cuddled up close next to our lost soulmate. I continued to whisper comforting words in her ears, and allowed my arm to rest directly on her stomach where her sweatshirt had pulled up a bit. I could feel her skin was freezing cold and I hoped my warmth might help her in her recovery.

I had no idea how she got here but I knew one thing for sure, I wasn't going to watch from the sidelines this time, I was going to go all in.