Chapter 3.11-Jungkook

I felt like I'd finally discovered my real purpose in life. For all the years I had been taken care of and babied by my soulmates, I wanted to pour every bit of that into Yoona. Taking care of her became the center of my life. I had six other soulmates to share that with but I think they all realized I needed this for my own healing, not just hers.

We were together whenever I was home and I loved seeing each incremental step in her healing process. She was eating more, her strength was slowly returning, and we were falling into regular patterns together. While she wouldn't leave her bond open all of the time, increasingly she would open it to whoever she was with to help communicate her feelings. Yoona still was hardly ever alone, most often was either on someone's lap or curled up in someone's arms giving her lots of natural opportunities for the intensified bond that came from touch.

We were slowly learning more and more of her horrible story. Hyunjin had treated her terribly after she returned. She was regularly beaten and was essentially just used to breed children. He took advantage of her whenever and however he wanted. Food and warm clothes were often withheld for even the most minor of infractions and for a while she was forced to sleep in the barn.

She also finally explained that after she lost her hearing she still tried to speak but was assaulted any time she did. Apparently Hyunjin thought her speaking became unpleasant because she couldn't hear her own volume so she often spoke too quietly or too loud, and she sometimes mispronounced words. So eventually she stopped. After enough physical pain she simply set her voice aside, expecting to never use it again.

But what she wouldn't explain was why she went back to Hyunjin in the first place. It was obvious he was a terrible piece of trash, why leave us for him?

In the meantime I wanted to fill her with only good things so she could finally fully experience what a soulbond should be like. I was always gently caressing her and covering her hair and temples with small kisses. We'd move a chair in front of the big windows so we could watch like on the Han river and along the parks together. And sometimes we'd read a comic book together. I'd hold the book and she'd let me know when she was ready for me to turn the page.

Taehyung and I continued working on her physical therapy every day which offered one more opportunity to run my hands over her. And between the three of us we found ways to make it a playful game, sometimes Yoona even relaxed enough to show us a bit of her beautiful smile.

I had decided that tonight I was going to take a big leap and kiss Yoona. Not just on the cheek, but on the lips. Touching did make the soul bond stronger, but certain types of touching that were more intimate had an even greater effect.

The full physical intimacy felt a long way off, but I really wanted her to experience more of the joys that come with being a soulmate.

If I was honest I was a bit nervous. I hadn't kissed anyone in years, not since our soulmates began to separate after Yoona's departure. I needed someone to practice on first to boost my confidence.

I needed someone who could both take the lead and let me take over. The first person to mind was Taehyung. We had been spending more time together recently and he was always the most physically affectionate so I hoped he wouldn't turn me away.

I found him in his room studying a script.

"Hey Tae Hyungie, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah sure Kookie, what's up?"

"Well", I scratched my neck awkwardly, "Can we make out? I know this must sound crazy but it would be a big favor to me."

"Oh, uh...sure."

I could see the confusion on his face. This really was coming out of nowhere. But he quickly started to break into his beautiful grin and motioned me over to him. "Come here baby boy." He demanded.

"No, uh, Hyung can you let me take the lead today? Please?"

He sat back with another look of confusion. "Sure, I guess I'm all yours then?"

I approached slowly knowing we both must be quite nervous. When I got close I straddled his lap and confessed. "I haven't done this for a while."

"Neither have I" Tae confirmed, "but if I remember correctly you're pretty good at this so I'm not too worried."

Wrapping my fingers through his hair I drew close, gently caressing our lips together. And oh it felt good. So so good. I almost forgot that I was there to practice and work on my nerves and I could tell that Taehyung felt the same way. I could feel his arousal both in the bond and in his pants.

But rather than go any further I pulled back. "Thank Tae". I quietly whispered and I started to get up.

"You know you could stay if you want" he grabbed my wrist to hold me in place.

"I'd like that, but I need to go get Yoona. I'll see you tomorrow Hyung."

I had barely made it into my bedroom when Jin came in carrying Yoona. They had the sweetest relationship and I loved watching them together.

Every evening after he had bathed her and gotten her dressed in warm pajamas he'd carry her over like a toddler, her legs wrapped around his waist. But before he laid her down he'd spend a bit of time swaying from side to side while she buried her face in his neck, fully relaxed. Eventually he'd carefully lay her on the bed and then draw close to give her a big smile and kiss her temple, whispering "goodnight beautiful" while she stared at him with her big eyes. Even though I knew she couldn't hear the words I always imagined that she could feel them in her heart.

Jin left, closing the door behind him, and I crawled into bed next to Yoona. But tonight I did something a little different. Instead of laying next to her and pulling her close I hovered over her, one hand caressing her face.

I could feel her confusion in the bond and how much it grew as I drew closer to her. I slowed to rub noses while I felt her feelings begin to transition. The confusion was slipping away and was being replaced by a combination of anxiety and anticipation.

I brought my lips closer to her until our breaths were mingling and then, with just the slightest movement, brushed my lips against hers. Pausing to see her reaction I felt curiosity begin to creep in.

I gently captured her bottom lip between mine and gave a slower, more lingering kiss. I could feel her surprise as she felt our bond intensify, and then the curiosity returned. I continued providing soft kisses to her lips, never pressing further to avoid making her uncomfortable. It was glorious. I could feel our emotions begin to enter twine into one. It had been so long since I'd really experienced that, and to have this joy with not just one but two of my soulmates today felt incredible. I felt like I was ready to take flight.

Rather reluctantly I pulled away, Not wanting to press too hard. I shifted us so Yoona's head was resting on my chest as I felt her slowly come down from her emotions. I began to hum, knowing how much she loved the comforting vibration. And slowly I felt her drift off to sleep, not with her normal fear of nightmares, but with a sweet happiness. I couldn't wait to give her more experiences like this. Experiences of what true soulmates should share.