Chapter 4.5-Jin

I apologize for those who are following along real time who just received updates to a few random chapters.  I realized there were a few spots in the story where I intermingled Yoona's name with the character from my other series.  I just fixed them all but no need to re-read those chapters.

In the meantime I offer you this next chapter on  Monday even though I'm Friday Writer!

PS, feel free to check out my other story "Healing" which is more Taehyung focused.  I'm currently in the process of writing the second story in that series too.

_________________________________

"What is that whore doing here?"

I'll be honest, the older boy shouting this the moment he saw Yoona walk in the door wasn't exactly what I was hoping for as their first re-introduction. I had never been so thankful that Yoona was deaf.

Kookie, on the other hand, most definitely heard it. He looked from face to face totally bewildered, then narrowed his eyes and started to approach the boy.

"Who are you and what do you think you're saying? You need to shut your mouth kid."

I tried to break in hoping I could distract Kookie for long enough that we could start over.

"Hey, Kookie, these are Yoona's kids."

"Excuse me?" Kookie was quickly morphing from confused to shocked to angry.

"Well, yes. Um, we have Yoona's kids. Maybe we can sit down and talk about it?"

In the meantime I could see Yoona registering what was happening. Her look of surprise quickly morphed to fear and then distress. I saw her begin to sign.

Mom

Dad

Even I knew those signs. I made sure I had her attention before I gave her a reassuring nod and signed back.

OK

I knew she must be crushed with worry about her parents and my brief signs seemed to do nothing to change her anxiety.

Joon approached Yoona to rest his hand on her back. She was just staring at the two boys, unable to move. I don't think she had even noticed the little girl who was once again strapped to Tae's back.

The emotions in the bond were almost overwhelming. Excitement, regret, anger, confusion, anxiety. It was just a flood of everything all at once. Time seemed to be frozen.

Yoongi firmly grabbed the arm of the oldest boy and gave a grim smile. "We'll be right back. I think we need to have a little conversation first." With that he quickly left the room with the boy who was struggling and fighting against him the whole way.

"Why don't we sit down and talk. There's a lot that has happened in the last few days." Namjoon ushered everyone toward the living room.

"You're telling me," Kookie muttered under his breath.

I knew I needed to give Namjoon a reprieve. His stress levels were off the charts and he felt responsible for everything that was going wrong. At the least I could explain what had happened and see if I could get Kookie and Yoona to come around. Motioning everyone to the living room we all took a seat. The middle boy squeezed tightly between Hobi and Jiminie and the little girl, Jina, had moved to Taehyung's lap.

I had expected that Yoona would leap for the children but she didn't. She looked almost as frightened of them as they were of her.

It took a long time to explain everything. Especially considering Yoona needed everything either slowly signed or typed so she could participate in the conversation. Each time we tried to sign to her we needed to regain her attention which was otherwise locked on the two children that remained in the room. Yoona hardly asked any questions, mostly just listening and trying to process everything that was happening.

Kookie couldn't take his eyes off Yoona. I could see what he was doing. He wanted to find out if Yoona was upset or happy then he would follow her lead. But he had no real guidance from watching her. Mostly she just seemed shell shocked.

At one point it felt we'd totally lost her attention. I could see her eyes filling with tears as she stared at the two children that were still in the room. She eventually shifted off the couch from next to Jungkook and walked over to Taehyung. Kneeling down in front of him she slowly reached out her hand to the little girl in his lap. Jina stared at Yoona with eyes equally as wide like they were meeting for the first time.

Yoona softly ran her fingers down the girl's face. As soon as she pulled her hand back little Jina turned to bury her face in Taehyung's chest. Taehyung gave Yoona a gentle smile and reached for her hand, drawing it under his to rub the little girl's back.

By now the tears were streaming down her face.

We all sat in silence, watching her finally reconnected with her youngest. We didn't know how much they had seen of each other when she was with Hyunjin, but we could tell Yoona still felt the instincts of being a mother, wanting to love and care for her children.

She shifted and looked at the little boy sitting between Jimin and Hobi. Her lips were moving but no sound came out. She crept closer, stopping when she was leaning against Hobi's knees. Everyone was silent, almost holding their breath. She reached out her hand to the little boy who was stiff with fear. He looked at her with anxious eyes, flinching when she set a hand on his leg.

She carefully withdrew her hand and simply stared at him with a look of wonder in her eyes. A small teary smile began to cross her face before she buried her face in her arms and allowed her body to shake with her emotion.

I carefully approached her and put my hand on her back, softly rubbing back and forth to remind her of my presence. After only a few seconds she turned her face up to look at me and held her arms up to me, asking to be picked up and held.

I happily obliged, allowing her to bury her face in my neck as I gently swayed her back and forth. We copied the same sweet interaction we had after her bath each night. We stayed that way for a long time., long enough that Kookie began asking more questions for our soulmate to answer. Long enough for Yoongi and the oldest scowling boy to return where he gritted out a not very convincing "sorry". Long enough that I felt her relax in my hold, melting into me.

I returned to my seat, bringing her to sit on my lap while I rubbed her back under her shirt. I nodded to the others that they could leave the room knowing Yoona wasn't ready for much else right now.

I got out my phone so I could type to her.

How was your trip?

Yoona gave me a big smile and then shyly hid her face in my neck. This was unexpected. While we were chatting online she wanted to tell me everything. Why was she suddenly being so shy?

I felt an unexpected spike in her emotions. Arousal?

Oh. I see.

I gently coaxed her out from my neck and signed to her.

Fun with Kookie?

She blushed and buried her face back into my neck nodding her confirmation.

I once again guided her to look at me.

I'm happy.

Leaning forward I kissed her forehead, then gently bumped my forehead against hers, nuzzling our noses together.

I'd ask Kookie all about it later, but for now I wanted to enjoy having my beautiful soulmate back in my arms.