Chapter 3.25-Namjoon

Jungkook and Yoona were coming back tomorrow and everything was total chaos.

What we were waiting for had finally happened. We finally found that magical moment when everything had come together and we were able to get both of Yoona's parents and the children away from Hyunjin through two separate, very risky, extractions. I'd talked with Jin and Yoongi about it first. We knew that if we failed Yoona and our soulmates would probably never ever forgive us. But we also knew it was now or maybe never, so we gave the company the go-ahead before the others even knew that we were exploring our options.

Yoona's parents were collected first and moved to Europe under close guard to ensure they stayed safe. We found out in advance that bastard Hyunjin had microchipped the couple so they could be located if they ever ran away. We had to send a doctor to cut them out before we could send the rest of the security team to whisk them away. As soon as the microchips were surgically removed the microchips began traveling south while the parents went west.

We'd heard from the company that the couple was settled which was all we could know for now. We had agreed that we would have no contact with them until everything else was figured out. It was just one more safety measure in case Hyunjin tracked any of our communications.

The kids were also in the custody of our company's security and were on the way to our apartment now. From what we heard they were scared out of their wits, taken totally by surprise and now surrounded by strangers. I'd heard there was unfortunately some violence involved when they found the children. While nobody was killed, the children had to witness things I'd rather they didn't. It was terrible to think of the stress the three children were experiencing but we felt we really had no choice. This was simply the price we had to pay to get them back from that evil man.

The company said the two boys looked to be about four and six years old, with the little girl not quite two. The oldest was ferociously protective of the younger two, the middle child was absolutely frozen in terror, and the littlest was mostly crying and trying to run away. From what we'd heard from security we were about to have our hands very full.

I called everyone together for a meeting. Before anything else I had to tell Hobi, Jimin, and Tae. I knew they were likely to be upset. We'd obviously been keeping a huge secret. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to explain to them that we kept the information from them because it was so risky we needed to make sure as few people knew as possible. It was just a safety measure to ensure that nothing leaked out. It wasn't that we didn't trust them with secrets, but all three of them could be excitable and in this case caution had to be our first priority.

I knew when Kookie came home it was going to be a whole different issue. He was likely to be furious that we did this behind his and Yoona's backs. Our only hope was that Yoona would be so happy to see the children and know her parents were safe that she would immediately forgive us. If she was happy, Kookie could at least be reasoned with to let it go.

We knew we couldn't just take the kids and expect Hyunjin to sit back quietly. He'd be coming for them right away. Our initial plan sent the kids to a quiet apartment across town with the security guards while our apartment remained tightly guarded. Within hours law enforcement would move into action and Hyunjin and his parents would be arrested. We'd just gotten word that Hyunjin and his parents had been taken into custody, so security was on their way to our apartment with the children now.

In any other situation Hyunjin's family's connections with powerful people probably would have saved him. He just got unlucky that BTS was Yoona's soulmate. Our company was worth billions and we had been on the biggest stages of the world. At the end of the day his influence in powerful places could never be as strong as ours and we were about to use every bit of it to take care of Hyunjin and his family forever.

Tae was the last to arrive in the eerily silent living room. "What's wrong? I can tell the three of you are hiding something because I can't find you in the bond. Did something happen to Kookie and Yoona?" Tae broke the silence first, clearly on edge.

"Well, actually I have good news." I started off ignoring the others' skeptical looks. "Yoona's children are on their way here now. They should be here in less than an hour."

"What?" Hobi jumped up from his chair. "What are you talking about? Does Yoona know? And how? Is that even safe?"

I motioned to him to sit down. "Everything is going to be ok, give me a minute to explain." I told them everything, from what we learned about Yoona's parents to how they were relocated, how we got the children and our plan to ensure Hyunjin stayed behind bars forever. I could tell my soulmates emotions were all over the place. I tried to answer as many of their questions as I could but I knew we were all about to take a leap into the unknown. While I was still trying to calm the three down we heard a knock on the apartment door.

Our own security had been bulked up and was guarding both the building and our floor, so we knew it had to be the children. Just to be cautious I double checked. Looking through the peephole of the apartment door I could see several managers and security surrounding two children while a manager held a third child in his arms.

"Ok guys, here we go." I called out as I swung the door open.

"Hey, welcome home!" I offered the children a big smile. I'd hardly had a minute to take all three in when the oldest came and kicked me in the shin. Hard.

"Bring us back to our father you kidnapper!" He screamed while he punched at my leg.

Well this was most distinctly not what I was expecting.