Chapter 3.21-Hoseok

I wasn't terribly religious but every day I prayed to the god who had created our soul bond that we would find and get back Yoona's children. Yoona really would never be the same, but we wanted so much to give her everything we could. In the meantime the best I could do was to continue to help her heal and hope that everything would eventually work out. She deserved more happiness than anyone after everything she'd been through.

Yoona had become much more confident both inside our home and out. She began speech therapy in earnest, the therapist stopping by daily to work with her now that she had started really talking. In the meantime she'd periodically say a few words in certain circumstances. Often it was so quiet it was hard to hear, and sometimes it was difficult to understand when her letter sounds got jumbled up, but we always praised her and covered her with kisses and hugs afterward.

I think we accepted that it would be a long time before Yoona would really be willing to say much. But as long as she was happy and felt she had ways to communicate effectively, I was happy too.

Leaving the house no longer caused panic attacks and Yoona had become more interested in exploring the world around her. She had become much more relaxed about walking down the street hand in hand, taking in the sights without debilitating anxiety. We avoided crowded places, knowing they made her nervous. And any time we saw a muscular man she'd quickly hide behind whoever she was with, always choosing Kookie if he was an option.

That night I had a big date planned. The biggest thing any of us had done yet. While initially skeptical of the plan, Jimin had agreed to come with to help ensure things went smoothly. I was so excited to share one of my favorite things with Yoona, I knew she was going to love it.

Normally she just wore whatever she had on when we went out but I'd picked a special outfit for her today. It was a fitted dark blue dress with a sparkling belt along with some jewelry I'd bought to complete the outfit. I'd also left some compression shorts so she could be comfortable in the short dress. Jimin insisted on some cute white tennis shoes to complete the outfit, concerned she might not be comfortable in heels.

Jin helped her get dressed and when she walked out of his room my jaw dropped. She looked gorgeous. I always thought she was cute, but her normal sweatpants and sweatshirts really didn't do her beauty justice. She looked amazing.

I could see in Yoona's eyes that she wasn't really sure about the whole thing. It was a big change for her. But her hesitation quickly turned to a blush when I grabbed her and dragged her to me so I could give her a soft kiss.

Each of my soulmates wanted to give Yoona a kiss before we left so it took a bit to get out the door but eventually we were tucked into the back seat of a car with Jimin heading into the city.

The driver stopped in front of my favorite club. I knew this was risky. Clubs are crowded and can be overstimulating. But I'd reserved a private VIP room on the top floor. It offered floor to ceiling glass that allowed us to look over the dance floor, but was tinted so others couldn't see in. This would afford us some privacy from the crowds while still allowing us to experience the full club feel.

First I needed to get Yoona through the crowds and upstairs. I led the way, Yoona's hand clutched tight in mind while Jimin followed closely behind. We weaved our way through the crowds, eventually reaching a velvet rope that cordoned off the stairs to the VIP section.

Yoona's eyes were blown wide, barely able to take in everything around her, but she seemed to be managing beautifully. She held my hand tight and I squeezed it, assuring her that I wasn't going to let go.

When we got to our private room she looked around in wonder. It was obvious she'd never been to a club before. Now that she was safely in a private space with just me and Jimin she couldn't help but be drawn to the large one way window highlighting the throngs of people dancing in the flashing lights below.