Chapter 1.11-Yoona

It was a big transition moving from the estate to living with so many soulmates. I still felt uncomfortable all the time no matter how many times they tried to assure me that I should treat their place as my home. It just wasn't that easy to turn on a dime.

The boys told me they were taking legal action against Hyunjin and he would likely go to jail. I wasn't really sure how I felt about that. Hyunjin and his family may have lied to me, but they did everything for me growing up, and it felt like a betrayal of them and my parents in some ways.

But I was slowly getting closer to some of the guys, even though it was taking a while. By now I felt comfortable around both Yoongi and Hobi and I found myself increasingly less hesitant around Taehyung and Jin. But the other three felt like a different matter. I was wary about Namjoon because I know the legal action against Hyunjin was likely to lead to problems, and I am afraid that his approach is going to blow up. And Jimin just feels overwhelming. He was the first to tell me of the soulmate bond, and I think I had never gotten over the shock and anxiety from that first encounter. And at this point I never see him anyway, he seems to hide from the others almost as much as I do. And finally there was Jungkook. Honestly I just found him scary. He looked so physically strong, I was afraid he could hurt me. So I gave him as much space as possible. I'd been around strong and muscular guys at the estate often enough, and I'd seen how temperamental they were and the injuries they could inflict on others. So I followed the advice I'd always been given, if I avoided him and he never noticed me, I could be safe from his temper and whatever physical abuse came with it.

But now that I was learning more about soulmate bonds I was really fascinated. It was increasingly clear that Hyunjin really never was my soulmate and I spent hours wondering why he had pretended he was.

I had heard from Yoongi that perhaps Hyunjin was involved in some unsavory business, but I hardly knew what to think about it. In some ways this revelation felt very surprising but in others not at all.

One thing that hadn't changed was the constant arguing and fighting in the house. That was no change from the estate and almost more normal to me than the peaceful times. So the shouting never bothered me much. I just hid in my room when the shouting started, the same as I would at home. Or I mean my old home at the estate.

It was only a few months after I had arrived when I learned something else new that I didn't expect. It seemed I was pregnant. And the baby definitely didn't belong to any of my soulmates. There were a few I hadn't even touched yet, and I hadn't even gone so far as to kiss any of them, let alone have sex. This had to be Hyunjin's child from before I left the estate.

If I was starting to feel more comfortable this certainly put a wrench into things. I couldn't imagine my soulmates accepting the child, let alone being happy about it. So I was trying to keep everything very quiet.

But first I really needed to take a pregnancy test. I had no money to my name and I couldn't exactly ask anyone to buy it for me, so one day I took a few dollars from a wallet I saw on an end table hoping I could find a corner store nearby to purchase a test. While I felt like I didn't know much about the world, this was one thing I was relatively clear on from being friendly with the maids at the estate.

So the next day I went out to find a test. It really wasn't easy, I had no idea where I was or where I should go, but after about an hour of wandering I eventually found a corner shop and was able to buy a test. I was afraid of being found out at any moment, and I was sure my blazing red cheeks couldn't have been missed. But to my great relief the clerk didn't say anything, simply packaging the box, collecting my money, and giving me a bit of change.

When I left the store I suddenly realized I had no idea where I was, no real sense of where the apartment was, and no way to contact anyone, let alone a few dollars for public transportation. So I began walking. And walking. And walking. Eventually several hours had passed and I was nearly certain I was totally lost, so I just sat on a nearby bench trying to figure out what to do.

Unexpectedly a security guard I recognized from around the apartment approached me and asked me if I was lost or would like a ride home. I had no idea how he could have found me and didn't want to be a burden so I politely declined. But after he continued to press I eventually relented, not wanting to make him upset.

When we got back to the apartment I quickly ran upstairs, hoping nobody would catch me with my purchase. Heading directly to the bathroom I quickly skimmed the directions, knowing that no matter what the future held, I really just needed to find out the truth.

And before long the truth was clear as day as I saw the two solid blue lines on the test. I most definitely was pregnant. Now how was I supposed to hide this?

I really wanted to talk to my mom. I hadn't mentioned it to any of the guys but I hadn't talked to my parents since I'd left Hyunjin's. I realized I didn't even know how to get in touch with them outside of Hyunjin. He'd always had someone set up our calls because he was trying to burden me with one less worry. But I was starting to consider that it was just one more way that he used to control me, making sure my contact with the outside world was cut off unless he was the conduit.

I was truly starting to realize how much I had been boxed into a corner, and never really understood it before.