Chapter 3.12-Yoongi

Last night was strange, to say the least. I was working on some music in my bedroom when I heard a tentative knock.

"Come in", I shouted as I heard the door creak open.

I saw a somewhat sheepish looking Taehyung, awkwardly staring at the ground.

"Do you need something Tae?"

"Um" he stuttered, "could we spend some time together?"

"Sure, do you have something in mind?"

Taehyung quickly walked over and took my hand in his. It only took a second to be hit with his arousal and desire. If he was too embarrassed to say it he certainly had no reservations about sharing it through our bond.

"Oh, you'd like to spend time really together, is that right baby bear?"

I could feel this anxiety melt away at the endearing nickname as he eagerly nodded his head.

I hadn't been with anyone intimately in years. While I'd moved out, I hadn't started any new relationships. It just felt wrong to me. Even though I'd managed I didn't realize how much I'd been missing until exactly that moment.

I stood up and walked Tae backwards to the bed, wrapping my arms around his waist. "What's got you so excited hmm?"

"Jungkookie did this to me." He whispered with a pout.

"I think Kookie was a bad boy for doing this to you. But can you be a good boy for me?"

"Yes, I want to be a good boy for you."

And Taehyungie was a good boy. A very good boy. Afterward when we lay wrapped in bed together I could feel Taehyung's tears begin to drip on my chest. "I missed you Hyung. I'm sorry for everything that happened. Do you think we could ever go back to what we were before?"

I ran my fingers through his hair to comfort him. "I hope we can become something even better."

—————————-

Joon-ah had asked me to find him when I got to the company that day. Thankfully he was relatively easy to locate in his studio.

Joon invited me to sit down on his couch. "I heard some information from the company about Yoona and I wanted to get a second opinion."

"They found out that Yoona did have three children, two boys and a girl. And they are all most distinctly still alive. The boys are four and two and the baby girl is less than a year old."

My mind was racing. Yoona had told us that the children were gone. Why would she say that? Didn't she want to get them back?

"I think Hyunjin must be threatening her otherwise nothing makes any sense. Even her returning to him in the first place felt odd, he must have some leverage over her that we don't fully understand. But I worry that she'll never truly be out from under him until we figure this out."

I nodded in agreement. "Ok, but I'm not sure Yoona is going to tell us. Do you think this is something the company can help us figure out?"

Namjoon sighed in response. "I don't think the company can get any more information. In fact they told me as much. The best we can do now is ask Yoona and see if she will tell us."

We agreed that I'd ask her tonight after we returned to the apartment. Yoona had started to leave her bond open a bit more so I spent most of the day seeking her out to get the general sense of how she was feeling. As the day wore on I caught myself checking on others too. Taehyung generally left himself open to the bond again, and I could frequently find Kookie. Jimin always remained locked tight, anxious to be overwhelmed by the emotions of rejoining us fully. And Hobi and Jin could sometimes be found but less consistently. Overall it felt like we were making progress.

When I got home that night Yoona was snuggled on Hobi's lap and they were playing a game where he held out a finger and she would touch it with the same finger on her hand. I recognized it as one of the therapy activities Tae and Kookie sometimes did with Yoona as she was working on strengthening her fine motor skills.

"Hey Hobi, do you mind if I sit with Yoona for a bit? I have some questions I want to ask her."

With a reluctant sigh Hobi agreed and shifted our kitten so I could pick her up more easily.

When she was finally settled on my lap I took a bit of time to reconnect directly as I rubbed her back under her shirt. I flooded her with gladness that we were together and hopefulness for what was to come.

After she seemed more relaxed I got out my phone.

Did you have a good day today?

Yoona nodded and projected back to me a feeling of contentment which I returned with a glow of gladness.

I was wondering if we can see a doctor for your hearing. What do you think?

Yoona has remained oddly reluctant to let anyone touch her ears, and any effort to encourage her to talk was met with total silence.

Today was not going to be any different. Yoona immediately shook her head no and I could feel anxiety begin to pulse from her.

Ok, it's ok. I know you aren't ready.

After I pause I moved on to another topic.

Do you think Hyunjin would ever come back for you? Is that what you are worried about?

Yoona looked confused at first but eventually shook her head no. I could tell that this answer was truthful. She absolutely believed Hyunjin wouldn't seek her again, this couldn't be the thing that was holding her back.

Good. I know your birthday is coming up, is there anything you want to do?

Yoona scrunched her nose up in thought before she shook her head no.

I had one last idea I wanted to explore.

What if we bring your parents to visit? I know you haven't talked to them since you've returned to us.

I felt the bond absolutely flood with fear and anxiety as Yoona went stiff. She began to violently shake her head no as I could see tears begin to form in her eyes.

I had found it curious that Yoona hadn't even mentioned her parents or wanting to talk to them since she returned. You would think she would want them to at least know how to find her. But I wasn't expecting a reaction like this.

I began to wonder if perhaps her parents had a closer relationship with Hyunjin than I thought. Were they working together this whole time? I'd have to ask Namjoon, perhaps this was something the company could look into for us.

It's ok, we'll just spend it with the eight of us. Does that sound good?

I finally felt the girl in my arms begin to relax a bit. I spent the next hour snuggling her close and gently prodding her emotions with my own affection and warmth. Over time she fully calmed and began playing with my fingers.

I was disappointed when Jin came to collect her so he could get her ready for bed but was anxious to get to Joon to tell him what I'd heard. Maybe this was the piece that could finally unlock the situation.