Chapter 3.2-Taehyung

Poor Namjoon was being bombarded with questions about who the text had come from, but obviously he had no idea. By now we'd all looked at his phone directly to see if we could make better sense of the situation, but there was no rhyme or reason to what had happened. If there was one good thing, it seemed like they wouldn't be trying to get Yoona back again after dumping her so unceremoniously on our doorstep. And while her breathing was shallow, her endless shaking was a clear reminder that she was most certainly still alive and fighting.

As soon as Kookie crawled into bed on one side of Yoona, I immediately slid under the covers on her other side. If one warm body was good, two would be even better. I made eye contact with Kookie as our hands brushed, and I could see the tears welling up in his eyes. It had been so long since any of us touched each other, it felt overwhelming to start to reconnect.

I reached my hand up and began to brush his hair back from his eyes. "I'm so proud of you Kook, you're doing such a good job taking care of Yoona". I could feel Kookie melting, both under the gentle caress of my fingers and through the bond where our fingers remained just barely brushing as we both rested a hand on Yoona's stomach. I remembered how we used to baby Jungkook, but today he had taken charge and been a leader, something that was far outside his norm. I was realizing as I looked at him holding Yoona tight that I hadn't seen, and I mean really seen Jungkook for a long time. The type of seeing where you can learn how a person is growing and evolving and becoming a stronger and better person. How had we become like this? How had we let this happen?

We were soulmates, we should be protecting each other and being a sanctuary. Seeing Jungkook's careful treatment of Yoona and how he protected her and supported her was everything we should have been to each other. I wasn't sure if we could ever get that back, but I had a spark of hope in that moment.

For all of the emotions I could feel from Jungkook, Yoona's seemed frozen. No matter how hard I pushed against her emotions through the bond I couldn't find anything but a firm, deadening wall. I wanted so much to push through and flood her with warm love and affection, but it just didn't seem possible.

It was clear that whatever happened over the last few years she'd been to hell and back. And I was committed to making up for lost time and I was never ever going to let her slip out of my arms again.

I was quickly shaken from my wandering thoughts by Hobi Hyung bursting through the door, with the doctors close behind.

"Where is the baby?" He shouted. "Did you check everywhere? What if he is freezing outside?"

I could see Namjoon lay a hand on his shoulder. "Yoona was alone. If it would make you feel better you can go outside and look, but it was just her out in the rain."

In the meantime the company doctor was pressing in closer. The company doctors were a married couple, Dr. Yang and Dr. Oh. I could see they had both arrived but Dr. Oh, the wife, was brushing everyone out of the way to check on Yoona first.

"Tell me what happened." She started in a curt fashion, holding a hand to Yoona's neck to check her pulse and then grabbing her stethoscope from her bag. She made quick work of doing her initial check of the girl, nodding and humming in response as we told her how we found Yoona on our doorstep and had been working to try to warm her up a bit.

"She is very cold, it may be best to take her to the emergency room." I could feel the bed move as Kookie moved even closer to Yoona, wrapping his arms tight around her as he shook his head no. I understood his perspective, we'd just gotten Yoona back, I didn't want to be separated either.

"I understand, you'd rather try to take care of things here. It's common for soul groups to get a bit territorial when a member of their group is hurt or injured. I'll ask my husband to go and grab some additional supplies we need and then we'll see what we can accomplish here ok? Only if that doesn't work we'll take her to the hospital."

I could see everyone relax in relief at her assurance that they could stay together for now. We had no idea why they had left her here, and I think each of us wanted a better understanding of the risks of her being taken away again before any of us left the apartment.

"Just keep holding her close, you're doing a good job. Between your bond and your warmth, she should begin to perk up a bit." The doctor left the room while I stared at Yoona, trying to convince myself that her color was returning a bit. And slowly, oh so slowly, she did start to shiver just a bit less and skin color was becoming a little more pink and a little less blue and gray. There was so much further she needed to go, but at least we were starting to see signs that she was on the road to recovery.