Chapter 1.13-Taehyung

Everybody knew something was going on with Hobi and Yoona. Hobi has the worst poker face, and any time anyone would ask him he'd blush furiously before fleeing the room. I had thought we had reached the peak of fighting and that things would get better from here, but obviously I was mistaken. Everyone was grumpy at this point, shouting and identifying every little thing that others did wrong.

One afternoon I had a brief reprieve when everyone was out except me and Yoona. She'd agreed to watch a movie with me so we settled on the couch together hand in hand as the film began.

But something was strange. I could feel Yoona's emotions just the same as always, but I also felt something else. Something I could quite figure out.

I'd totally lost track of the movie, trying to carefully bump around Yoona's emotions in the bond to figure out what it was, but I wasn't really getting anywhere. Eventually Yoona must have noticed because she looked at me curiously while releasing her hand from mine.

"What are you doing?" she asked. "It feels kind of strange."

"Oh, um, you see, your emotions in our bond feel different from usual today. It's not just your mood, it's something else I can't really explain. It's almost like you have a second set of emotions growing in you? Like I can feel the regular bond, but it is almost like there is another one developing. Does that make any sense?"

Yoona quickly turned away from me, hiding her face.

"You know what it is, don't you princess? What is happening? Why am I feeling two bonds?"

Slowly Yoona turned to face me again, her lower lip trembling. I quickly grabbed her hands again trying to offer her some comfort.

"I'm pregnant," she whispered.

I tried to keep my face neutral, but she must have felt through the bond that I was totally shocked. I had so many questions.

"Does anyone else know?"

"Hobi" she whispered so quietly now I could barely hear her, her lip beginning to tremble more.

Ah, so now it comes out. Of course Hobi knew. And of course he was keeping it a secret. From what I could tell Hobi had to have known for weeks. And Hobi knows that we don't keep secrets! I needed to do what I could to calm my emotions, trying to avoid transmitting them on to Yoona.

"Ok, it's ok. We're all in this together, that's what soulmates are for right?" I reached over to give her a big hug and hold her close. "Princess, do you know how far along you are? Have you been to see a doctor?"

"Hobi took me, I think I must have gotten pregnant right before I met you, so about three months now."

"That's good, and are you feeling alright? Do you need anything? You know you can tell me if you need anything right?"

Yoona just nodded at me.

"Well, do you think we can tell the others? I know they will want to know. We would have supported you sooner but Hobi never told us. I'll talk to him about it later, but if you want I'll go with you to tell the rest."

"No!" Yoona shouted in return. "I...I'm not ready." The look of fear returned to her eyes. "Please keep my secret for me. I'm begging. I'm really not ready to tell anyone yet."

"Ok, just calm down princess, I won't tell anyone until you're ready. But in the meantime I want you to promise me you'll never keep this kind of secret from me again, ok?"

"Ok" was the whispered response.

________________________

First things first, I was going to go and find Hobi and give him a piece of my mind. He knows we don't tolerate lying! And this was huge!

"Hobi!" I shouted storming into his room and slamming the door behind me. I could see him jump from where he was playing with his phone on his bed.

He responded with a deep sign and an exasperated look. "What do you want Taehyung, you know I don't have anything to tell you."

"Well I have something to tell you" I shot back. "I just talked to Yoona and I know she's pregnant. And I also know that you knew this all along and didn't tell us. How could you hide this from us? Do we mean nothing to you anymore?"

"Taehyung-ah, get a hold of yourself. Of course I still care about you, but Yoona made me promise I wouldn't tell anyone. We already have such a tenuous relationship already, what would happen if told anyone behind her back. We might lose her forever. Did you want me to be the cause of that?"

"Well...no, but still. It wasn't right."

"Ok, and now you know. Are you going to tell everyone right now? Huh Tae?"

"Well, no. But it's different!"

"It's not different at all. Get out of my room, and close the door behind you."